MFD Attitude MFD right handed Equatorial Edition

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There was some talk earlier in another thread about the how Attitude MFD and Univ Ptg use the Orbiter method of attitude, being left handed and elliptical. This presents problems when trying to fly the Space Shuttle close to the checklists.

I think there is some benefit in a MFD which provides a universal capacity to hold vehicles at an attitude based on the right handed equatorial reference frame so one can enter the angles and get the Shuttle to be pointed in the way it needs to be so you can fly historical missions by the book, or closer than one can right now anyway.

I say universal, and mention Attitude MFD cause really that would work fine, at least how I can see it being used. Attitude already has great capability, only additional capability I would see that needs to be added for this sort of arrangement would be the ability to enter the angles in the inertial mode as you can in the velocity mode. And maybe throw in a body vector as well. Such a thing already can be done with Attitude MFD's target mode, so I am not sure how worth while it would be to add something like that....

sunshine135

All Around Good Guy
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Agreed. I would love to see an MFD that utilizes the M50 coordinate system and could be used for the Shuttle or other spacecraft requiring said system.