Question Auto FCS Mod.... Can't find it anywhere on Google nor OHM

Krishnan

I believe, my friends, caravans of rockets
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Hey y'all!
I have been seeing posts of an automatic reentry mod of some sorts called Auto FCS.
I tried searching on Google and OHM yet I can't find it anywhere....
Does anyone know what is the mod and where I can find it?
I am interested in doing a fully automated reentry and landing with the XR5, just curious.
Thanks!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As I understand it AFCS was/is part of the Shuttle Fleet for 2010. AFCS does not work in 2016 though.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes it out there. But AFCS doesn't work in 2016. You get a CTD. No code source available either

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Yes, of course it's for 2010. Nobody mentioned 2016.
And as for OP's intentions, I'm pretty sure there's no more 2010 compatible XR Fleet around.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
TL;DR of all the above comments: There was an add-on called AutoFCS in Orbit Hangar for Orbiter 2010, but its creator david413 migrated all his add-ons to Simviation. AutoFCS is currently available with Shuttle Fleet, but it does not work with Orbiter 2016 and there's no source code available for it.

My additional remarks: @Krishnan if you want to do a "fully automated reentry and landing with the XR5", use either HoverMFD or PursuitMFD, although both will allow automated vertical reentry and landing only. For automated horizontal reentry, use GlideslopeMFD. Horizontal landing is manual-only.

Last edited: