Problem AutoFCS and D3D9

StargazerBranden

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Has anyone of you fine, gentlemanly, steely-eyed missile men got autoFCS to work with D3D9 on Orbiter_NG? I can get it to work perfectly in the standard application but no bases show up when I run it with a graphics client
I've followed all the instructions for the cfg files and getting it to work. As I said, works perfect in the standard orbiter app. Just the NG app is where the problem lies

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I remember this from days gone by. I'm not at home so I don't have an orbiter install to look at, will get back to you when I get home.

StargazerBranden

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Okay, excellent, sir.

Also, for the record, my setup is based off this topic:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=26263&highlight=autofcs

I followed the instructions from that thread. Both Orbiter and Orbiter_NG config files have the EchoAllParams line set to TRUE. But for whatever reason, works with Orbiter.exe just fine, but not with Orbiter_NG.exe

---------------------- RESOLVED --------------------

I did the "run as administrator" as suggested in the post and it works. I cut autoFCS after TAEM and transitioned into what can only be described as the ugliest HAC turn in the history of manned space flight. The flight path resembled more of a mutated zucchini than a big circle.... But none the less landed safely on the runway. I plan on doing many many more missions now that I have it figured out as soon as NASA finishes up their drug and alcohol screening of me after that disgusting HAC turn. :rofl:

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Excellent, glad you got it running. There is probably 10 or so threads buried around the forum dealing with AutoFCS and running it on Orbiter '06, '10 and probably soon '16.

Don't worry about the HAC, any landing you walk away from. :thumbup:

If you search around the forum long enough you will find a running gag about a pile of XR-2 hulls rusting out on the approaches to WideAwake.