Request Autoland Autopilot

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Yeah I'm requesting another lazy autopilot, but thats because well I'd like cleaner landings ;) Just one to work with VSTOL craft or if theres a way to adapt the Arrow Freighters autoland autopilot to other craft and package it in a MFD form that'd be awesome. I haven't seen anything in the hangar, so if there is a MFD that does de-orbit you and land you like the Arrow Freighter please point me in that direction.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
There is [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4418"]this[/ame] add on which replicates most of the functions in the AR-18 landing beacon setup.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Here's another:

Actually I think I've tried that one, but it never worked even at a very, very low orbit alt (like 5 km?) and it always flipped my stock and danstephs DG out of control. And I can't open the first one (LOLA MFD) because i have nothing to open a .rar file.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Well after trying that, the downloader said it wasn't compatible with my "vendor set-up". Ugh i hate my computer.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Apologies for this sounding like an advert but Pablo is spot on. 7-Zip opens and deals with more compression formats than I ever realised. It beats winzip into the shade and it's free.

back on topic - I think that baseland only works with hover engines whereas the LOLA MFD can land others as well - but I could be wrong. I've used LOLA MFD successfully with both the delta glider and the XR-5.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
I can't even download 7-Zip.... :( unless someone could package it into a zip for me i can't even try it.

Tommy

Reaction score
I think that baseland only works with hover engines whereas the LOLA MFD can land others as well - but I could be wrong.

I believe you are right, and you need to set up the correct orbit first (low PeA). I've used it with the stock DG and XR-2 successfully.

LOLA is more versatile and can handle "tailsitters", but some people have had difficulty getting it to work. I seem to recall that it conflicts with some other add-ons as well (don't remember which ones, and this may be fixed in the current version)

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Re: LOLA. To put the question bluntly, do current maintainers understand the logic of late Dennis Hare's FSM?