Bad news...the A380 project is canceled

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Due to the current financial climate and persistent problems with various systems (Mainly control and flaps). Until further notice the A380 project is canceled. DeltaGolfGolf Aerospace will continue making missions (scenarios) with other people's air/spacecraft and may take another look at scenery production. Sorry for everyone involved; but this also means shutting down our assembly factory for the time being. Sorry again :(

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread but it is looking a bit:tumbleweed: in this thread. Is no-one interested?

Tommy

Reaction score
I don't think it's a lack of interest, but your post explained things well and it didn't seem a reply was needed. Hopefully things will change for the better and you can back to your projects.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
thats to bad:cry:.

i always like to see new airplanes for orbiter

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Hmm, What's to say? If it's cancelled then it's cancelled. I don't think people complaining about how much they were looking forward to it would change things.

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
Due to the current financial climate and persistent problems with various systems (Mainly control and flaps). Until further notice the A380 project is canceled.

Ah, thought this was about the real aircraft. That would have been a ton of cash flushed down the toilet. :p

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A new A380 is on the way...still need to sort few problem...,here's a preview.
I DO NOT RECALL ASKING YOU TO TAKE OVER THE PROJECT! PLEASE STOP DEVELOPING IMMIDIATELY UNTILL YOU HAVE SORTED IT OUT WITH ME! CLEAR!?!?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I DO NOT RECALL ASKING YOU TO TAKE OVER THE PROJECT! PLEASE STOP DEVELOPING IMMIDIATELY UNTILL YOU HAVE SORTED IT OUT WITH ME! CLEAR!?!?

Um. What? So because you started a project and then abandoned it, that means that no one can ever make an A380 without your explicit consent?

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Um. What? So because you started a project and then abandoned it, that means that no one can ever make an A380 without your explicit consent?
I had made it clear SEVERAL times that I intend to resume the project. This is NOT permission for people to copy MY addon!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I had made it clear SEVERAL times that I intend to resume the project.
Erm...no, you didn't.

This is NOT permission for people to copy MY addon!
How do you know that he copied your addon? There's an A380 mesh available for anyone to use on OH. Edit: In fact, it looks like liber did not even use that mesh.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
If he's using files you made yourself that is foul play.

But if he's developing his own A380 add-on from scratch, or using files that someone else developed and released as open source or gave him permission to use, more power to him.

Unless you want Airbus coming after you for making an addon out of *their* plane.

(BTW, I took a look at the zip for the Beta 1.5 release of your A380. You don't really mention usage permissions in your readme. If you're not OK with just anybody using your files in their own project you should really include some sort of clause in the readme saying that people should get permission before using any part of your addon. People should be asking anyways unless you explicitly open source it, but it's always good to make your expectations clear in the documentation. It won't affect Liber's project unless he's using files from yours, but it should be in there.)

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I had made it clear SEVERAL times that I intend to resume the project.
Sorry mate, cancelled (your words) means cancelled, doesn't it:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cancelled
cancelled
1. No longer planned or scheduled.
Why do you think he is copying your addon? Because it is an A380? Based on the screenies, his mesh is different. There are at least three ISS addons and three Space Shuttles that I know of and those developers seem to coexist without too much trouble. The more the merrier, IMHO (although collaborating can be useful too).

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
If the new A380 is a different project from the one doggie015 was working on it should be in its own thread instead of this one. If that is the case, liber, please start a new add-on dev thread for your new A380. Given that liber's A380 was announced in doggie015's A380 thread it does make it appear as though the new A380 is based on doggie015's version. However, if that is the case I'm sure it was just an honest mistake (as has been pointed out, doggie015's readme does not mention any copyrights), so let's all please stay calm until liber gets back to this thread and this is sorted out. :)

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
yes and doggie. nextime read your history guidelines on copyright laws? :rolleyes:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I had made it clear SEVERAL times that I intend to resume the project. This is NOT permission for people to copy MY addon!

Shall I ask some guys at EADS, if they gave you the permission to copy their add-on for "Universe 1.2"?

If you make an add-on of a historic vehicle, you have to expect somebody else to do the same. I have about one dozen add-ons, which I started, but somebody else released a similar or better add-on earlier. That is part of the game.

Nerull

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am assuming you have, in writing, exclusive permission to make use of the A380 trademarks for use in orbiter addons, doggie?

Because, if not, you do not own the A380, and I do not think Airbus would look kindly on claiming that you do.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Why isn't Airbus complaining about this project? :hmm:

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If the new A380 is a different project from the one doggie015 was working on it should be in its own thread instead of this one. If that is the case, liber, please start a new add-on dev thread for your new A380. Given that liber's A380 was announced in doggie015's A380 thread it does make it appear as though the new A380 is based on doggie015's version. However, if that is the case I'm sure it was just an honest mistake (as has been pointed out, doggie015's readme does not mention any copyrights), so let's all please stay calm until liber gets back to this thread and this is sorted out. :)
Alright. I am calm now.

The fact it was in this thread is the main source of confusion. For future referance please post new addon projects in new threads thanks

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Alright. I am calm now.

The fact it was in this thread is the main source of confusion. For future referance please post new addon projects in new threads thanks

Didn't mean to make any bad feelings,just wonna point that A380 is not dead.
I make a mistake to continue in this topic but thinking that you might like it that is project still on.
Did you make a VC?

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think the best idea is that BOTH of you work together with this project.:)