Base Bases which you can enter

carsonmyers

Reaction score
Are there any bases which allow you to land, EVA, and then enter the base? Is it possible to make such a base? I suppose you could make a ship that is embedded in the ground or something, that way you could leave crew in it without them dying on the surface of the planet.

Does such a beast exist?

andre

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
ohh yeah... there are a lot of addon bases which uses UMMU.

Kendo

Reaction score
Not very helpful there Andre. At least give the guy some pointers.

Last edited:

andre

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
try downloading the ummu addon (from www.orbithangar.com, for example). It´s a great addon wich implements a kind of first person experience, where you can walk, go into bases, etc.

I hope it helps.

carsonmyers

Reaction score
try downloading the ummu addon (from www.orbithangar.com, for example). It´s a great addon wich implements a kind of first person experience, where you can walk, go into bases, etc.

I hope it helps.

Thanks andre, I've got the ummu addon though. I just realized you can define breathable areas, though you can accidentally step outside the walls and die haha. I was wondering more if there were bases which had explicit airlocks on them

andre

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
yeah.. I´ve had the same problem, walking accidentaly though a base´s wall and dying... hahahha

If you can´t live with that bug, there a some addons that implement bases as vessels, which behave like a ship (they have airlock to go in an out for example). You can try searching in the orbiterhangar for bases, I´m sure you will find a lot of them (can´t remember right now specifc examples).

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The Space1999 team also have a very nice MoonBase Alpha (and others...)