Problem BaseSync doesn't show up in XR2

Fury

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm running Orbiter 2016 and loaded BaseSyncv 3.0 and ModuleMessaging v1.1.
I can activate BaseSync in the modules tab but it does not appear in the MFD selections.
I have also loaded the vc 2015 redist. from Microsoft.
What am I missing ?
I am running Windows 10 and have been running Orbiter for 12 years.

Thanks for your time - this forum and this simulator are awesome !

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Hi all.

RESOLVED

Even though my system and OS are 64 bit I loaded the x86 version of the Microsoft vc 2015 redist. This is what is required to get the MFD to show when select is chosen. I had originally loaded the x64 version.

This should be stated specifically on the addon page - just a suggestion.

Cheers

Last edited:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
...Even though my system and OS are 64 bit I loaded the x86 version of the Microsoft vc 2015 redist. This is what is required to get the MFD to show when select is chosen. I had originally loaded the x64 version.

This should be stated specifically on the addon page - just a suggestion.

Cheers
Someone (maybe it was orb?) has recently explicitly posted that every redistributable we need to install must be 32 bit, since Orbiter itself is a 32 bit application, regardless of users' CPU architecture or OS version.

I admit that this bit of information should be more upfront somewhere, even if it is kind of common knowledge.

:cheers:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
This is why I prefer to statically link all my add-ons with the Visual Studio runtime files they need -- it prevents a lot of headache for pilots because then there are no external dependencies. :thumbup:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
This is why I prefer to statically link all my add-ons with the Visual Studio runtime files they need -- it prevents a lot of headache for pilots because then there are no external dependencies. :thumbup:
Yes, this sounds a lot more practical, unless you implement a bot*, writing what redist' you need.

* statically linked.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
BaseSync now updated for Orbiter 2016. Try the new version.