Best space shuttle (addon/upgrade)?

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Hi everyone,

I don't want to start a war here (forums can be volatile sometiems lol), but what is the best space shuttle add-on/download/upgrade out there for both realism and completeness?

Now that I've got the basics of the stock DG and XR-1 down, I'm looking to move on to new things and a bit more realism/alternate history kind of thing and the Shuttle seems the next thing. :)

Space Shuttle Ultra and Shuttle Fleet seem to be the 2 main things, but I don't know anything about either of them, and surely there must be differences and advantages/disadvantages to each, else there'd be only one.

I have searched this forum, and Orbiterhangar and avsim, but so far all I've found is confusion. lol

If this has been posted before and I missed it in the search, I apologize in advance. :)

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I use and like Space SHuttle Ultra. I've never used Shuttle fleet tho. In the SSU manual, it explains everything

Mission_CDR

Reaction score
SSU is more realistic not complete tho, in a month or so when it is updated, it will be both realistic and complete, I like it more. Altho SF is good too.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
SSU is more realistic not complete tho, in a month or so when it is updated, it will be both realistic and complete, I like it more.
What you are talking about? "Complete"? Not by a long shot. There's lots of systems and subsystems that isn't implemented and those that are, is just in their early stages. Although we have APUs, we don't have a full APU/HYD system simulation. And our DPS isn't complete either.

So lots and lots of work yet. Defintely not a month's work, far more than that. Take a look on the Project Apollo team, they have been at the same thing as us, but for the Apollo vehicles.

At my last check it has been 3+ years and they're still not quite done with the CSM yet, which is only a spacecraft. The Space Shuttle that SSU is doing is 3-vehicles in one big integrated package(launch vehicle, spacecraft and aircraft) and alot more complicated and complex than the CSM.

So don't expect a "complete" version any time soon.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, both of you guys are showing the same patch below your names ("SSU Developers"); it's quite embarassing to realize your scheduled "launch time" is NOT QUITE matching... :p
Sure you're working at the same project?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think Mission_CDR meant completion of the first update. ( God I hope it's before a month :() DaveS is refering to the entire project. Just a few more snags to loose, then we should get the first update out, and shuttle lovers should really like it. Although, the people who don't like to read manuals will get frustrated easily. It's not meant to be a simple sim by any means.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Although, the people who don't like to read manuals will get frustrated easily. It's not meant to be a simple sim by any means.

We are not expecting anything simple, otherwise we would be happy with the default Orbiter Shuttle :p. As long as the manuals will be clear and exhaustive and of course we read them, I think we'll all enjoy the new SSU.
BTW the first released is expected in a month or so then?:)

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
David's Shuttle fleet hands-down !
Best shuttle sim out ther.