News Bloodhound

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The only thing I was thinking when reading the title was "outdated mid-range ground to air missiles... :shifty:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The only thing I was thinking when reading the title was "outdated mid-range ground to air missiles... :shifty:

Same here, had the hope somebody made an add-on of the BL-64 :lol:

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
Reminds me of when the Mythbusters took on the myth of the JATO rocket car (both the first one, which was their first episode and myth and the revisit where it utterly failed)

Wish i could get in one of those and go for supersonic without being incinerated in a massive fireball though.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I've always felt that land speed cars/records were kind of pointless, personally. Unless they're using some kind of brand new technology, like exotic power crystals or fusion. I just don't see where it really advances any practical field. Kind of like wahoo brach of engineering-as in: I went really fast in a ridiculous "car thing" WAHOO!

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
One of the main aims of the Bloodhound is to Provide education and hands on experinace to students.

I'll Quote from bloodhound ssc web page

Why do we need a BLOODHOUND Education Programme?

In the UK, and many of the developed countries worldwide, there is a shortage of scientists, engineers and mathematicians and we therefore urgently need our young people to be motivated to enjoy and study science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) subjects at school and then at university. The BLOODHOUND Project is endeavouring to be the catalyst through which young people will acquire the skills and develop innovative talents that will enable them to overcome the challenges we face on a global scale.
Higher Education

The BLOODHOUND Project offers a unique opportunity to provide university level engineering and technology students with access to real design challenges and test data as the project develops. BLOODHOUND@University is run by a group of academics from the University of the West of England, (UWE), Swansea University, University of Southampton, Birmingham University and with support from the EPSRC.

As far as i can tell the education program they are running is a massive success.