Software BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
So, how do I burn memtest86 to a disc? Burning the .ISO itself doesn't seem to do it.

Tommy

Reaction score
Are you burning the ISO as a file or as an image? Depending on your software, it may be called a Global Image - and not all burning software seems to have the ability to burn a standard .iso.

I assume you have the bios set to boot from CD before HD, of course!

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
Are you burning the ISO as a file or as an image? Depending on your software, it may be called a Global Image - and not all burning software seems to have the ability to burn a standard .iso.
I'm not sure, I double-click the .iso file and burn it from there.

Tommy

Reaction score
If you are burning using the Windows built in burner software, I think you are burning the ISO as a file.

An .iso is an image, and contains not just the data, but also a map that shows where the data should physically be on the disc.

I suspect you need an application that offers more than the "built in". I'm not at home, and don't remember what I use - but this MAY help (free download): http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

I have NOT tried this - so I can't guarantee it works - or that it is malware free. It does have good ratings from C|Net.

You will probably want to check the "Tools", look for something that mentions "image", "ISO" or "GDI". This will burn the disc with everything in the right place, and create a bootable disc.

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
Well that's just great, it seems that I used my last DVD-R with that failed attempt at burning memtest86. :mad:

RS-232

No!
Reaction score
Website
piv.pivpiv.dk
Last edited:

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
I suspect you need an application that offers more than the "built in". I'm not at home, and don't remember what I use - but this MAY help (free download): http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

I have NOT tried this - so I can't guarantee it works - or that it is malware free. It does have good ratings from C|Net.

I've used him for making Linux boot disks from ISOs. No malware noticed yet... :)