Burglars boost satellite

lennartsmit

Reaction score
Quite amazing that in the US, your face is on TV when your only suspected of crime. I'd like to know how big that satelite was.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
How does someone manage to steal snowboards(in New Mexico too :p), pottery, vehicles, and a satellite???

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The satellite was a prototype student project worth only 100 grand, so it was not like something you'd see on the factory floor at Lockheed, for instance. Nor was it in any kind of clean room, apparently, since the moron who lost it left it in a rental van! $100,000 worth of kit left in a rental can. Duh.

I am wondering about the little brownshirts who called the cops because they saw suitcases near a trashbin. And the fat, happy cop praising them. I guess disposing of your old luggage is now terrorism, too.

The comments are hilarious, in a youtube 733t-tard kind of way.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
LOL when I first read the title, I thought it meant burgulars had broken into some sort of satellite control room and increased the orbit of a satellite!

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The satellite was a nanosat, they're generally kept in briefcase sized, erm, briefcases. Not exactly hard to steal.