Problem Can not install TortoiseSVN

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I had an older version of TortoiseSVN on my computer and have removed it via registry and uninstall programs. Best I can tell it is nowhere on HDD and is not running as a service anywhere. After a reboot and confirmation that it is nowhere in registry (win7 64) I have tried to install latest version 1.8.7.25475. It gives me an error during install that the older version cannot be removed but it is the same version I am installing that isnt even installed yet. Any ideas on what I need to do to get this thing installed?
b60liF1.jpg

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Try using Revo uninstaller (freeware, though there's a paid version) to eliminate any lingering traces of the program - then reboot and try installing tortoiseSVN again.

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Try using Revo uninstaller (freeware, though there's a paid version) to eliminate any lingering traces of the program - then reboot and try installing tortoiseSVN again.
Sorry for the late reply and thank you for yours. After hours of googling and research Ill have to chalk up this one up to a screwed up windows registry. (my fault). Uninstalling is not a option as the software is not installed although something is telling the pc that it is. All references in the registry have been removed and directories deleted. So during this time , which is why I am late in responding to your reply, I went ahead and started a Virtual machine running windows 8.1 (using 7 now) And I have to say and with the help of a handful of little "tweaks" I am very impressed with win8. But the whole reason I wanted to use the SVN was to checkout and compile the latest blender code w/ CUDA. I have been successful doing this in Win8. But i am so impressed with the experience and performance gained on my PC Im looking into making the Virtual machine a physical machine and using it as a permanent installation just need to get everything backed up to the cloud.