Search Can't find any high res textures downloads

7cardcha

Reaction score
I've only been playing orbiter for a few hours and I'm already extremely impressed by it. In short, it's awesome.

The only thing I'm less then impressed with is the textures for planets. Upon further research it seems that people have posted higher resolution versions of said textures.

Unfortunately all the sites that have been said to hold downloads for these textures seem to be down :shifty:

Can you please point me in the right direction? Also if I could get a hold of these i'm going to upload them to mediafire as they have great free hosting...

I'm looking for any textures I can scrounge whether it be of Earth or Saturn.

Also I couldn't really find a great place to download new vehicles. I know I'm asking for a lot but can you please send me to an appropriate place?

I wasn't really sure where to post this topic.

Thank you very much for your time.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
You don't say that Orbit Hangar Mods is down too, do you? :huh: ........No it isn't. :hailprobe:

If you mean the 2 sites hosting the official Orbiter high resolution textures, and LandSat textures, please refer to the "[General Question] Any mirrors for the L11 & other high resolution textures?" thread. Other planetary textures you can find at Orbit Hangar Mods.

As for the official Orbiter texture packs, they are available for download using BitTorent protocol, for example via their magnet links:
Textures
|
Magnet link
|
Download size

Planets and Moons| Planets_and_moons.zip magnet link |
44.75 MiB​

Celestial backgrounds| csphere100830.zip magnet link |
38.51 MiB​

Earth L11-14| Earth091124_11_14.zip magnet link |
300.07 MiB​

Moon L11| Moon090730_L11.zip magnet link |
671.54 MiB​

Mars L11| Mars091218_11.zip magnet link |
670.78 MiB​

{colsp=3}
All following textures are included also in the "Planets and Moons" package

Mercury L8| Mercury_L8.zip magnet link |
12.02 MiB​

Phobos L5| Phobos_L5.zip magnet link |
0.44 MiB​

Deimos L5| Deimos_L5.zip magnet link |
0.43 MiB​

Io L7| Io_L7.zip magnet link |
3.12 MiB​

Enceladus L8| Enceladus_L8.zip magnet link |
9.81 MiB​

Tethys L7| Tethys_L7.zip magnet link |
2.44 MiB​

Rhea L7| Rhea_L7.zip magnet link |
2.04 MiB​

Titan L7| Titan_L7.zip magnet link |
3.29 MiB​

Iapetus L8| Iapetus_L8.zip magnet link |
8.76 MiB​

I don't have any links to LandSat textures, but if they were also distributed via torrent, they should have their magnet links too, which you could use to download them, as long as they are seeded by anyone.

There's no need for uploading the textures to mediafire. And even to do so, first you'd need to ask their authors for permission.

A great place to download new vehicles is of course: Orbit Hangar Mods, Orbiter Francophone, Altea Aerospace, Dan's Orbiter Page, and of course ORBITER 2010: Recommended Addons page, which links to them too.

7cardcha

Reaction score
Thank you! Google seems to be linking to old sites and old forum posts (Maybe i'm just "Doing it wrong")

I'll be sure to seed but due to my bad upload speed(100 kb/s) it might take me a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

Reaction score
Are there any texture packs available at higher resolution than these ones? (I am assuming a higher level texture signifies higher resolution although I have seen screenshots of lower level textures that seem to be better than higher level ones)

SpaceNut

Reaction score
Btw, welcome to the Orbiter community, be sure to check out Orbit Hanger Mods for tons of add on vehicles, bases, and tools to enhance your Orbiter experience.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is the Earth 11 14 texture site down ?

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You can download many textures from http://orbitersimulator.com/, such as the level 11 textures for Mars, Moon and Earth. From there you can download the Landsat-textures too.

The difference is that they are made by different people with different taste. The "official" level 11 for Earth is just like the default level 8 textures made by the creator of Orbiter (only higher resolution, of course), but the level 10 Landsat texture for Earth is made by another and has more contrast, but then lower resolution.

Which one you choose is only a matter of taste. I personally use the level 10 Landsat texture: it is more colourful.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The Earth 11, 14 .zip file seems to be corrupt. :(