Can't take off in the DeltaGlider

Aadi

Reaction score
So i just downloaded this game and I really want to play it,but i just cant get two things too happen,first I am using a keyboard no joystick yet,and when flying the glider I am not able to get it to lift off the ground even though I am pressing the number 2,also why are my engines not starting up even though I am pressing the plus button,do I need to press shift + ,and how do you turn on the enignes on a space shuttle or a rocket. Also How do you start autopilot I am new to this so I am very confused.Plz help. Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
So i just downloaded this game and I really want to play it,but i just cant get two things too happen,first I am using a keyboard no joystick yet,and when flying the glider I am not able to get it to lift off the ground even though I am pressing the number 2,also why are my engines not starting up even though I am pressing the plus button,do I need to press shift + ,and how do you turn on the enignes on a space shuttle or a rocket. Also How do you start autopilot I am new to this so I am very confused.Plz help. Sorry for all the questions.

Hi and welcome!
With all these key issues, I'm guessing you are using a laptop. The attitude thrusters are controlled with the numpad keys, and not the numbers above the letters. You are correct about the engine keys, but the "+" key probably needs some extra key to be pressed... You have to see the details of your keyboard.
You can also try to control the engines (and other things) with the mouse by clicking in the 2D or 3D panels of the spacecraft. To bring those up press F8. For the Delta Glider there is a lever to control the engines, but you still need the keys to control where you go. :shrug:

BTW: don't call Orbiter a game, call it a simulator :lol:

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
:hello: familiarization with the simulator is better to start by reading the instructions. instructions are in the folder Doc\Orbiter.pdf

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In the worst case you can probably use a third-party utility to map keyboard keys the way you like.