News Chandrayaan-3

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
India plans to launch the Chandrayaan-3 lunar lander in August this year, said Minister of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh
1280px-GSLV_Mk_III_M1_Chandrayaan-2_-_Pragyan_rover_mounted_on_the_ramp_of_Vikram_lander-1024x...jpgvikram.jpg02hoistingofvikramlanderduringchandrayaan2spacecraftintegrationatlaunchcentre - Copy.jpg

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
I have already talked about this at the Chandrayaan-2 thread. The gist is that Chandrayaan-3 is a repeat of the landing part of Chandrayaan-2 and a demonstration of India's space capability. I'm very excited about this.

Last edited:

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Nothing to do with Chandrayaan, but I've just heard that the Chandra X-ray Observatory is one of the few non-Indian spacecraft with Indian name (it is named after S Chandrasekhar). Cygnus NG-14 Kalpana Chawla is another one (Kalpana Chawla was born in India in 1962 and she flew on Shuttle missions as an American citizen).

Last edited:

Boxx

Mars Addict
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It comes to my mind, how close the online display of ISRO resembles a typical Orbiter MFD. :)
They are giving more information than most other launch displays, like the Azimuth direction.
Hope all goes well and Chandrayaan-3 reaches its proper trajectory.
Not sure I understand the plot... does it mean that the orbit will still be "highly" elliptical? (150 perilune to 550+ km apolune....)... or does it read from right to left in remaining time?

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
See, you doubters who said it is impossible to land at the poles.
Wasn't that mostly just an orbiter joke, because there's a bug that leads to weird behaviour in the sim? Or maybe your post is just a reference to that joke. Difficult to tell without any emojis...

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Not sure I understand the plot.
This was a plot during launch. The upper line is the speed, with the white figures in km/s. The kinks in the curve are the stage separation events, when acceleration shortly dropped, before the next stage engine started.

The lower line is the altitude with red figures in km. The third stage shows a significant drop from 220 to 130 km, before climbing again. This is quite typical for high-ISP but low thrust optimized upper stage engines.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
The Indian apparatus transmitted the first data from the moon, the soil of which turned out to be hot (it was assumed that the temperature of the lunar soil around the pole was 20°, but it turned out to be 70°)

this fact will affect the search for water

Last edited: