Changing keyboard layout & multiple keyboards

ultimatepedigree

Reaction score
yup. bookmarking this as i am running into the same issue. i followed the tutorial but i have two keyboards coming up as the same. and even though i followed the instructions, i'm not getting the same macro on the second keyboard... weird

kocsisl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Thanks for this great software, it works like a charm. I've bought a Trust Vergo mouse, which has several additional buttons, but they cannot be remapped by default. With intercept.exe I've managed to remap the key "Left Win" but I'm stuck with "Mute" "Backwards" and "Forwards". Intercept.exe simply doesn't capture any keystroke when I press these on my mouse. My priority would be the "Mute" button, I could live without the other two. I've already tried to capture code of Mute from my keyboard, but intercept.exe cannot capture that either. If I could somehow exctract key id from mouse button click, then I could paste it into the ini file. What would you recommend?

Kali Ranya

Reaction score
Thanks so much to everyone who worked on making this available! This is so useful for a variety of games and applications, not just Orbiter!

I did find that even 1.0.1 with the device ID patch had a couple of quirks--
first, it identified the keyboard I wanted to remap as keybord 2 in the terminal, but it actually needed to be device=3 in the INI to work.
secondly, no matter what keystroke I pressed as trigger, it would record as "letter A up". So that required me to set the trigger manually in the INI as well.

but that accomplished!
it's working great!

mmsdh

Reaction score
Hello from 2022! I have a question.

I have a Logitech BT device. I want to re-assign some of the FN-keys, e.g. FN-3 becomes F3 instead of Search.

However, your program does not identify nor capture any FN-key combination.

Is there a newer version that captures these keys? If I start the program and add an entry, the FN-keys are not seen and they proceed directly to their action.

Help!

jelinj8

Reaction score
FN combo is a HW function of the keyboard, the keyboard then emits only the FNized key, so You have to remap Search to F3 (if it isn't a keyboard with own software on PC, in that case the keystroke might not be a keystroke at all, being generated on the PC itself)