Question Changing the reentry texture rendering scale globally.

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi.
OK so I'm making an addon that replaces default reentry textures with better (IMO) ones that I'm making. And I want to scale the reentry texture to be longer so I can make the "head" shorter in the texture and simulate long ion tails. Right now, it's rather stubby and I don't really feel accomplished with what I've succeeded in doing.
And, looking at the Orbitersdk API_Manual(?).pdf, I don't see anything on how to globally scale it.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
this texture (or particle system) is handled by the core or graphics client. You can adjust it if you code new vessel but it's a no go for scaling it in existing closed sourced add-ons without recompiling them or orbiter core.

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What a shame....never mind. I guess this is just gonna be another one of those "add...support" addons. NVM.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Is this the same with global reentry particles too?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What a shame....never mind. I guess this is just gonna be another one of those "add...support" addons. NVM.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Is this the same with global reentry particles too?

Yes