Problem Closing hatch prelaunch in Apollo 7 not working?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hello there, I gave the Apollo 7 MCC scenario a small spin yesterday, and noticed that I am unable to see the gearbox of the hatch or the closed hatch as in the Apollo 8 scenario for reference. I was unable to close the hatch until aborting the scenario with crew access arm retraction.

Can somebody else reproduce this? It worked as expected in the Apollo 8 scenario, possibly its a difference between Saturn IB and Saturn V.

I used the latest build bot artifacts yesterday.

Also, would it be possible to include a check for a properly closed hatch before crew access arm retraction? Maybe somebody else feels bad about launching in a convertible. :lol:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Start the Apollo 7 prelaunch scenario, go immediately to the panel for the hatch and try to close it. Does that work? It works for me at least. I'll have to test the hatch closure at the nominal time though. Maybe something is wrong at that time.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Start the Apollo 7 prelaunch scenario, go immediately to the panel for the hatch and try to close it. Does that work? It works for me at least. I'll have to test the hatch closure at the nominal time though. Maybe something is wrong at that time.

That's also how I tested it quickily in the Apollo 8 scenario. Maybe its really depending on time.

Maybe also something broke in saving/loading the scenario, I remember I interrupted the sim at roughly T-2:20:00 for changing the Orbiter config a bit.

---------- Post added 29th Sep 2018 at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was 28th Sep 2018 at 13:24 ----------

Worked now at the right time - don't know what failed there. Tried replicated the problem with loading and saving as well, no luck this time. The hatch closed and the gear box became visible.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Worked now at the right time - don't know what failed there. Tried replicated the problem with loading and saving as well, no luck this time. The hatch closed and the gear box became visible.

Maybe you had clicked the actuator handle selector by accident and it wasn't in the Latch (L) position anymore? That should be the only requirement for the side hatch to close.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Maybe you had clicked the actuator handle selector by accident and it wasn't in the Latch (L) position anymore? That should be the only requirement for the side hatch to close.

Possible, I can't exclude it.