Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Nah, Im not thirsty :lol:

Well, was an offer. You know, Germans can turn everything into beer. Which is why the miracle of Benedict XVI of turning water into beer will not be accepted for beatifying him.

Into its component values. A lot of utilities in the OrbiterAPI return information in vector form, but I need to be able to get it into a more useable form ( flight displays, Gs of acceleration, etc.)

In the simplest form, you can use:

Code:
VECTOR3 v;
x = v.x;
y = v.y;
z = v.z;

Or for other tasks in math:

Code:
x = v.data[0];
y = v.data[1];
z = v.data[2];

If you need the acceleration in direction of your pilots spine, you could calculate:

Code:
VECTOR3 a, spine_axis;
double a_spine = dotp(a, spine_axis);

With spine_axis being a direction vector (length=1.0) with the reference direction. (useful for flight medical considerations of doing hypersonic aerobatics)

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, was an offer. You know, Germans can turn everything into beer. Which is why the miracle of Benedict XVI of turning water into beer will not be accepted for beatifying him.

In the simplest form, you can use:

Code:
VECTOR3 v;
x = v.x;
y = v.y;
z = v.z;

Or for other tasks in math:

Code:
x = v.data[0];
y = v.data[1];
z = v.data[2];

If you need the acceleration in direction of your pilots spine, you could calculate:

Code:
VECTOR3 a, spine_axis;
double a_spine = dotp(a, spine_axis);

With spine_axis being a direction vector (length=1.0) with the reference direction. (useful for flight medical considerations of doing hypersonic aerobatics)

Excellent, that helps a lot.

Im going to assemble another beta with source included, so that I can demonstrate the wobbling problem for you. I should have it up in a few minutes.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok heres my latest

View attachment 11466

I should get the LES stuff into 0.5. I have it working nicely, just needs to be written into the main code, along with a few other minor fixes.

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Let me finish configuring my computer in the next days, and I will release a very simple example on O-H, ok?

Any idea how soon I can expect this Urwumpe? I would like the chutes working before I tackle the details of transferring data to the SM.

If you try the beta I posted it should show you the shaking issue that I was talking about.

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
You guys can check out AAPO's source code.

The CM has parachutes that work