Cold and dark

Ekran

Reaction score
Hey,

It's possible to create an cold and dark situation to practice all point of the checklist ?

Thanks

MrFickles

Reaction score
The launch scenarios are pretty 'cold and dark'.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And too cold and dark is not good. Contrary to the Space Shuttle, the fuel cells of the Apollo CSM can only be started on the ground.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The Lunar Module is pretty much cold and dark before its activation in lunar orbit though. Just a few heaters running, which are powered from the CSM during translunar coast. Ok, so it's more like "dark" than "cold and dark" :lol:

Ekran

Reaction score
I say that because with NASSP 7.0 tutorial that you can find here http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page

We have multiple files for differents situation and a cold and dark situation. Because in nassp 8 ou nassp 7 when i launch a situation many switches are ON but it's very difficult to follow a checklist with this situation we must check what in ON or OFF... Not a real situation

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I say that because with NASSP 7.0 tutorial that you can find here http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page

We have multiple files for differents situation and a cold and dark situation. Because in nassp 8 ou nassp 7 when i launch a situation many switches are ON but it's very difficult to follow a checklist with this situation we must check what in ON or OFF... Not a real situation

Actually for a T-4h launch it is a very real situation. At this point in time, the CM had power, and most of the systems are off.

And the checklist reflects exactly that, so it should be very easy/straight forward to follow. Much of the backup crew's checklist was verifying a switch position prior to prime crew ingress, be it in an "on" or "off" state or something else entirely.

Ekran

Reaction score
Actually for a T-4h launch it is a very real situation. At this point in time, the CM had power, and most of the systems are off.

And the checklist reflects exactly that, so it should be very easy/straight forward to follow. Much of the backup crew's checklist was verifying a switch position prior to prime crew ingress, be it in an "on" or "off" state or something else entirely.

Thanks for that :thumbup: