MapMFD Configurind/seting Map MFD

Mike Skywalker

Reaction score
Hello, orbinauts all over the world!
I'm a new orbinaut(can say "rookie"). My opinion is that "Orbiter" is the most exciting flight simulator ever made. All my respect to main author,consultants and add-on peoples !!! They are realy artists !!

As a beginner, I practice takeoff & landing, andI work hard to increase my "hover to pad"[poor] skills,.Recent, I manage to become in LLO(Lunar Low Orbit), after watching the recorded flight. But the landing was cathastrophic...:facepalm:

Now, let me ask some help, as a beginner of Orbiter 2010:

1. Everytime I activate the Map MFD, need to push MOD button several times, to change some items( 4 or 5) from "Off" to "ON". There is a way to configure by default this MFD....in some config file maybe? Where, how?

2. Can I assign the Auto Hover autopilot to a shortcut, other than Alt 1....9 ?

3. VRel zero autopilot(PROG500SPEC0) is operational when ready for vertical descent/landing to pad? Or only in space/orbit(i.e. docking to ISS) ??

Thank you
Mike

Hasso

Reaction score
Hello Mike;

1. No, every time you are starting a scenario it is back to its defaults

2. Yes, Display 7 (hit key D then 7) - "Programs shortcut setting"

3. PROG500SPEC0 only rotates your nose to the speed vector of an object and fires the main engine until relative speed becomes zero. If you think that would be helpful when approaching a landing-site...

2. and 3. are very DGIV-specific. Maybe it's better to ask in Addons-Forum for things like that.

:tiphat: