Constancy of Hubble Constant regarding the dircetion of view

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have a crazy question:

Did someone knows, if the Hubble Constant is equal in all directions of the Universe? (I know, it is NEARLY equal...)

Because I have some crazy thoughts, that there is a relationship between the Hubble Constant and the CMB.

So if you create a map of the "Hubble Constant per direction", and compare it with the CMB-Map, they could be nearly equal...

The problem could be, that it's much more harder to messure these delta in the Hubble Constant, than it is for the CMB. And thats quite hard enogh...

Please don't ask my why I have those thoughts, it's very complicate.

For those who are interested:
Maybe, the source of the dark energy is the Bigbang itself.
If you look into one direction, your view will end at the CMB, but if it would be possible to look deeper, you view will end at the big bang, no matter in which direction you are looking.
Big bang = (nearly) infinity mass, and an infinity mass around our visible universe will ripple our visible universe in peaces, and only we will stay in the middle. (I know realy crazy, but maybe this is only an illusion from our point of view)

alterenative source of dark energy (but a similar theorie):
If you looking deeper and deeper into the universe, the speed the galaxies/masses are going away from us is higher and higher.
Einstein said, that mass will increase (relativ) by higher speeds, so if the speed is c the mass is also infinity.
So we will have also an (nearly?) infinity mass around us, with the same result as in my first theory...

So I have even two similar theroies regarding this stuff... the source of dark enegry could be the big bang OR the masses which are going away from us with high speed...

I know that there is a problem, because gravity is transmitted with c.
But who know, maybe not only the time is relativ from the point of view, maybe space itself is even relativ to the point of view.
Sorry that I can't explain my theories in a better way because I'm not an expert and they are still crazy as I am:)

Maybe there are some problems with this theroies, but maybe they can be solved in some way if you think free and crazy enogh...
And it's even crazy enogh, that no matter in which direction you will look, your view will end in a singularity which is all around us.
How can a infinity small point be around us in each direction? - just think about that :cheers:

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Did someone knows, if the Hubble Constant is equal in all directions of the Universe? (I know, it is NEARLY equal...)

Looks like it - we can of course only measure its effect on galaxies and not measure it itself.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
alterenative source of dark energy (but a similar theorie):
If you looking deeper and deeper into the universe, the speed the galaxies/masses are going away from us is higher and higher.
Einstein said, that mass will increase (relativ) by higher speeds, so if the speed is c the mass is also infinity.
So we will have also an (nearly?) infinity mass around us, with the same result as in my first theory...

It is true that in every direction we look, galaxies appear to move away from us, and it also true that the more distant the galaxy the faster it appears to be moving away.. but: even if the velocity that any given distant galaxy appears to be moving away from us approaches c, said galaxy is not subject to relativistic effects, at least not in the way you mean them in the quote above.
After all, from that distant galaxy's point of view, it is us that are moving away.

It is not the galaxy itself that is "moving", rather the space between the galaxies expanding. Anything with mass cannot travel at the speed of light, but there are no such restrictions for the expansion of space. At some point, very distant objects will move away from us even with speeds faster than light and will disappear from our horizon forever.

AFAIK the "fastest" galaxy that has been observed is moving away at a good fraction of the speed of light (~0.4c).

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It is not the galaxy itself that is "moving", rather the space between the galaxies expanding.

I think that in this case we would not notice the effect: if the space expands itself the light would take exactly the same time of before to go through it, so from our point of view we would never notice any change. that's my thinking anyway

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I think that in this case we would not notice the effect: if the space expands itself the light would take exactly the same time of before to go through it, so from our point of view we would never notice any change. that's my thinking anyway

We would notice the effect. In fact we observe exactly that effect. That's what redshift is. Light that has been "stretched" due to the expansion of space.

Unstung

Reaction score
Are there maps that plot the Hubble constant over certain directions in the universe?

For the Hubble constant to be applied in every direction, it is assumed that the universe is isotropic and homogeneous (on a large scale), or uniform throughout. So in all directions, with the assumptions, the Hubble constant is equal.

Hardly anything is known about dark energy, but it must have been created in the Big Bang along with everything else in the universe. Dark energy is spread uniformly throughout the universe and accelerates its expansion.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My understanding is that the Hubble Constant would actually be better called the Hubble Parameter, as it does appear to be constant spatially, but there doesn't appear to be any reason it could not vary with time.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Can and does. The Hubble Constant is the gradient of the best fit line of the graph of Speed of recession of galaxies against their Distances from us. As time moves the speed of galaxies changes, their distance from us changes, so the gradient changes. The Hubble Constant is not a constant!

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
b
It is true that in every direction we look, galaxies appear to move away from us, and it also true that the more distant the galaxy the faster it appears to be moving away.. but: even if the velocity that any given distant galaxy appears to be moving away from us approaches c, said galaxy is not subject to relativistic effects, at least not in the way you mean them in the quote above.
After all, from that distant galaxy's point of view, it is us that are moving away.

It is not the galaxy itself that is "moving", rather the space between the galaxies expanding. Anything with mass cannot travel at the speed of light, but there are no such restrictions for the expansion of space. At some point, very distant objects will move away from us even with speeds faster than light and will disappear from our horizon forever.

AFAIK the "fastest" galaxy that has been observed is moving away at a good fraction of the speed of light (~0.4c).

I knew, that it is the space itself which is expanding. But I don't know if this is a matter regarding relativistic effects. Maybe the resulting effects are the same but I don't know...
If you think about the relativistic length contraction, the result could be that everything will end up in one point or plane, if it's moving with c away from us.
And thats maybe exactly the singularity of the big bang. I know thats it is absolute crazy... But who knows...
That can maybe explain as I descripted in my theory, how there could be a single point all around us, no matter in which direction you are looking...
In this case, the Big Bang is not a point, but a plane = inner sphere (Maybe only from our point of view), with (nearly?) infity mass.
And this (nearly?) infinity mass all around us could rip up the space and could be the source of dark energy.

Last edited: