Creating a specific graph in Excel 2016

Dickie

Wannabe Rocket Scientist
Donator
Reaction score
As part of my degree I'm doing a question which requires me to plot radial strain and hoop strain against the radial position of where the measurements were taken. I have the data in a spreadsheet in Excel 2016 (attached) and so am trying to plot row 25 (mean strain, separated into columns of H for hoop strain and R for radial strain) against row 30 (radial position in mm for each measurement).

No matter how I try and input this data into the graph function I can't get a plot of hoop strain (i.e all the H columns) and radial strain (i.e again all the R columns) with strain on the Y axis and radial position on the X axis. At the end I should have 2 separate lines for H and R strains.

I freely admit to not being an excel ninja so I may be missing something obvious but can anyone offer some advice with this?

Attachments

• OEL (2).zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 3

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The problem is, that you essentially want to plot just the odd or even columns there. It would be possible if you create distinct H and R rows for the same radial position.

I would create a hidden table there and fill all cells in a row with a SELECT function.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
picture.php

you mean something like this?

this is an xy plot with series lines added. if you want to make something like this in excel you have to specify the x series and then add whatever y series exist. then the data have to be in order (x ascending)

Last edited:

Dickie

Wannabe Rocket Scientist
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, I ended up stripping the data out into another table and then producing a graph like the one in the image which seemed to work.