OHM CRS-15 Payloads

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

fatcat

Reaction score
I berthed at 20:39 01JUL18. A little early, with 70% (913 kg) of fuel remaining. I needed a higher orbit to let the ISS catch up.

Attachments

• CRS-15.jpg
    CRS-15.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 14

fatcat

Reaction score
Working great Brian.
Falcon autopilot launches to 0.05 relative inclination to the ISS.
Berthing using the Canada Arm is a nice challenge. Have to kill rotate the ISS, take all motion off the Dragon, then work out how to use the Arm joints.
The payload works fine and can be grappled.

I do get left-shifted/truncated internal view panel text, but that is most certainly as I'm using a mac and wine. (screenshot attached)

You were spot on that i was not getting stage separation when I used the V key to activate the launch, as you had it set for the timer launch, so I was turning the autopilot off without realising it.
Thanks heaps.:tiphat:

Attachments

• Internal View.png
    Internal View.png
    177 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

pappy2

Reaction score
Thanks Brian, :salute:

I download and take off for the ISS !!!! :hailprobe:

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You were spot on that i was not getting stage separation when I used the V key to activate the launch, as you had it set for the timer launch, so I was turning the autopilot off without realising it.
That's a bug on the Falcon9 launch control - manual launch [V] should override the Lift-Off Timer sequence, not switch off the Autopilot, and vice versa.

I do get left-shifted/truncated internal view panel text, but that is most certainly as I'm using a mac and wine. (screenshot attached)
Looks like it's offset and aligned to the right. My code for HUD text positioning is old and clunky, it tries to account for screen resolution, I should look at it again really.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Thanks Brian, :salute:
You're very welcome, pappy2 - good luck on your mission :)

Last edited:

fatcat

Reaction score
In case it helps: A little main thrust on the second stage after Dragon jettison helps retrograde positioning for the bigger reentry burn. Then shut-off the engine for a fuel dump and reentry.

Last edited:

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello Brian,
how to get the latest Block 4 with CRS-15 now that you've created :
"Falcon9 Block4"
https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7193

Do you think to update the scenario of your ADDON ?
Not really planning to. Kyle is making a pretty good job on the scenario side :)

If you want to change the scenario over to the Block4 version, edit the .cfg file:
Config/ Vessels/ dragon1/ crs15/ f9_v12_crs15.cfg

Change the line:
Code:
Module = Falcon9R_V12/f9_v12
to
Code:
Module = Falcon9_BLOCK4/f9_v12

pappy2

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply brianj.

Thank you again you are doing a great job. :thumbup: