Question CubeSat payload providers

febos90

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
i hope this is the right section for my Question. I am studying the cubesat and the possibility to use them for making biology and astrobiology experiments.I have succeeded in finding various sub systems provider in Europe and America, but i didn't find any company or institute which provides mini- lab for make these experiment in orbit on a cubesat.
I know There's the possibility to give your payload to some Company (NanoRacks for example) that put your payload on ISS but what i want is different, to find some payload which is COTS as the other subsystems and to put it in my satellite.
So, the question is: Do you know some company or institute that provides mini- labs for biology&Astrobiology experiments (Protein growth, radiation on organic materials, Extremophiles..) on Cubesat?.
I hope my question is clear, thanks to you all!.

febos90

Reaction score
Guys, i' am the only post with no answer, no one knows it?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
There is a company called clyde.space. Have you tried them?
On a mobile now, cant figure out how to paste links.
N.

febos90

Reaction score
thanks for the answer, but how i have said in the question, there are a lot of companies which provide subsystems ( as Clyde Space, but only subsystems) but i didn't succeed in finding companies or agencies, institutes that provides "COTS mini lab for making biology and astrobiology experiments on cubesats". Do you know something in this sense?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Afraid not, the only way I can see to get what you want is to commission a private company?
I assume you have been through the local universities?

N.

febos90

Reaction score
of course, to commission it to a private company is an idea, but which one? i am agree with you that this kind of payload could bedeveloped by universities, but by searching on the web i didn't find any univeristies which provides these minilab ( there are past mission as NASA O/Oreos and Genesat but i think their instrumentations have been developed in house).

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I'm out of ideas.
Why don't you try an enquiry to Clyde-Space? Won't cost you anything, and even if its not their market they may know of other companies that would do it.

N.