Customizing scenarios (date ...) ... possible ?

Joker

Reaction score
Hello !

I'am working on a custom scenario.
I would like to know if it's possible to create a scenario in which the liftoff happens during the year 2018.
I think it need to change padload values like TEPHEM (that's sure), liftoff azimuth according to calculated value...
And about the stars, bodies and target (moon) position ?
In other words, is it to fully create a new scenario possible, which value change and where to find them.
A thousand thanks to them who respond ;-)
Joker

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello !

I'am working on a custom scenario.
I would like to know if it's possible to create a scenario in which the liftoff happens during the year 2018.
I think it need to change padload values like TEPHEM (that's sure), liftoff azimuth according to calculated value...
And about the stars, bodies and target (moon) position ?
In other words, is it to fully create a new scenario possible, which value change and where to find them.
A thousand thanks to them who respond ;-)
Joker

We have padload worksheets to figure out most of the presettings for the AGC. You can find them under "\Doc\Project Apollo - NASSP\GNC Tools" That should help you with TEPHEM, liftoff azimuth etc.

Stars are hardcoded in the AGC. Lunar and solar ephemerides were generated with LTMFD in Orbiter 2010, but now in the RTCC MFD under Utilities/AGC Ephemeris.

Making a scenario work in the year 2018 could be a bit tricky. Here is a memo detailing why: https://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/Documents/LUM215-WR_text.pdf Even if you use the latest AGC versions, those flown on Apollo 15-17, then a launch after 17 February 1974 (memo says 1964, but means 1974) would cause some trouble. So probably only modified versions of the CMC and LGC software could launch in 2018. We have done this in the past (we use modified ones for Apollo 10 CMC and Apollo 14 CMC and LGC) so it would be certainly possible to do.

Joker

Reaction score
Hello !
Copy that Indy thanks ;-)
Now my question is how can I do that ? :hello:
How can I make it works ?

And how can I change the launch azimut ? I tried V78 ... Not working !

Thanks a lot by advance ;-)