General Question Damage control

Fidelis

Reaction score
(maybe a SDK or C++ question)

Hello everyone,
I see that UMMUs can fix damaged engines using the action area system. Has anyone ever been able to use this system to repair a damaged craft? In the ummu docs says it is possible, but I've never seen it on any ship.
I do not know if it's .dll programming or mesh or c ++ (newbie in this things).

How could repair a damaged ship with the ummu astronauts?

Thanks to anyone who responds,

F.Fidelis

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Fidelis,

I used in my TG Habitat:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6522"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6522[/ame]

in the repair and maintance activities. Basically some systems periodically stops to work properly and the ummu has to go out and get there. Once he is inside the action area it triggers the action and the system starts to work properly again. I don't know how specific you need to get into this. I can post code snippets in case (if they are written in an understandable way;) )

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I do not know if it's .dll programming or mesh or c ++ (newbie in this things).
How could repair a damaged ship with the ummu astronauts?

It has to be supported by the vessel in question, since reactions to triggered action areas have to be programmed in the dll (which is written in C++).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It has to be supported by the vessel in question, since reactions to triggered action areas have to be programmed in the dll (which is written in C++).

And without a common component model (like you have for KSP for example), only the add-on itself can know how it can be repaired. That is the price of the freedom.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
LUA scripts should allow you to do something like this. You can check if a vessel is at a specific point and trigger a user input dialog, for example.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And without a common component model (like you have for KSP for example), only the add-on itself can know how it can be repaired. That is the price of the freedom.

Well, it would be kind of difficult to enforce a common standard for public add-on apis. They'd pretty much have to be part of the orbiter sdk, unless someone writes (and maintains) a really good wrapper for it, and documents it so well that it would be much preferable for add-on developers to use... :shifty:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, it would be kind of difficult to enforce a common standard for public add-on apis. They'd pretty much have to be part of the orbiter sdk, unless someone writes (and maintains) a really good wrapper for it, and documents it so well that it would be much preferable for add-on developers to use... :shifty:

Especially the last clause rules me out. :lol: I am really a bad teacher.

0rbiter X

Reaction score
In fact, every time I have a question some buddies of this topic appear to help (Urwumpe, 4throck).

fred18, I saw your add-on, and that's what I'm talking about! Great activity for UMmus.

Here is the same 'fidelis' who started the thread, now I 'Orbiter X'

Thank you buddies, you always give me options to continue to develop.
I've found ways by LUA scripts to accomplish what I want.