Death of the Buran spaceship...

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is so sad, this was an excellent vehicle. I heard it's reentry autopilot landed it 5 meters from the center line on the first "mission".

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
...And in a 30mph crosswind.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Luckily at least one of the Buran prototypes is on the way to a museum. But I think, if the Russians could have afforded it, they would have moved Buran into a good museum earlier. They just did not have the money in the first ten years after communism.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Sad. But eventually it is going to happen.

Reaction score
i would really prefer the Buran 1.01 instead of the american shuttle, it looks more aggressive and nice, more payload! automated landing system(i know the US shuttle can but it's not yet demonstrated since pilots choose to land them manually).Too bad there was a lack of funding, look at the 1.02 Ptichka, said to be 96%-98% finished a little more and there we go another history! the status of Analogue Buran can be better if they settled the lawsuit earlier not 5 years, and finally, as i can see, the US shuttle is not the payload, but looks like the launcher, the payload is the External Tank!hahaha,and the srb's is the 1st stage! but Energia....wow....can almost lift twice the payload, and it even has different configs! the Vulcan! maximum 8 strap booster for the energia!, the Energia-M(baby energia)w/2 booster, there's even one config w/c can land like a plane!!talk about Soviet Innovation!...well, enough talk, the Buran 1.01 goes to heaven, may she rest on heaven's cosmodrome.