Default Atlantis Passive Re-entry controll AP

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Default Atlantis Passive Re-entry controll AP

I was wondering if somone could make an MFD that can take your re-entry angle (the shuttle holds a re-entry pitch angle of +30* at the beginning of re-entry) for a completely passive re-entry. I have tried it using Attitude MFD but it alone is not strong enough to hold the pitch angle of +30* after a few seconds below 80km. The force from the atmosphere brings the nose down to 0* and I want to use the bottom of the shuttle to slow my decent during most of the passive re-entry kind of like the Apollo capsule. Blunt end facing the horizon.

I know what alot of you are going to say. This is not how the shuttle re-enters, but I thought that since I can do a manual version of this almost, why cant any of the re-entry MFDs available hold this attitude?

Cant somone write an MFD that makes very accurate and powerfull adjustments based on the AOA or Q or even G forces it detects? When using the Dynamic Damage addon I notice that around 10Gs is when I die and the crew with me.

I cant bare to be the Shuttle Commander if all my STS crew end up strewn all over the Texas Landscape. Im much too good a Shuttle Commander to allow any mission that could kill my crew.

I really want a passive re-entry holding MFD so I can sit back and watch the fireworks. It would also be nice to be able to tell an MFD that I want to recover in this coordinate area and it will put you into that location ready for gliding and then I can use the glideslope MFD to line up and manually take her in. I want this so bad my toenails start to dig into the floor when I start to think about it.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Yeah, I am looking for an MFD that is specialy designed to bring the shuttle out of orbit to land it at a port of your choice