O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Dear Orbinauts,

We have changed the default forum skin to the vBulletin skin. The vBulletin skin is now called 'Default' for the official default skin which guests and members logged out will see. For those that wish to continue using the previous (OF Default) skin, you can select it as your preference on the Options page of your User Control Panel or from the quick style chooser on the bottom left corner of any forum page. Choose the 'Orbiter-Forum' skin.

This decision was taken based on feedback that the previous default skin was not as easy to navigate. Additionally, there were some graphic issues in which the skin was broken in some cases, based on a users internet browser settings. Given it is the skin which any new member visiting the site see's and potentially registers with, it's obviously important that it functions 100%.

Thank you all for being a part of the community and happy orbiting! :cheers:

Kind Regards,
OF Staff

:hailprobe:

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Honestly, this VBulletin skin is many times uglier than the O-F skin, so I'll just go back to that one.

But for newcomers, it may indeed be more familiar and useful, so...

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have to say i completely agree with this change. When i first came i didnt know how to go back to the home page for their was no home button like now.

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Shame, the new skin just looks like any old forum.

The old skin looked quite original and always set Orbiter Forum apart for me.

Still, good reason to change, though.

Edit: I "panicked"! This is cool! The buttons for save, edit etc. work better. Thanks guys.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Why underline every link? It looks just... eww. So many blue lines... Although yes, the buttons look "gooder".

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
As I mentioned the old skin is still available, so please feel free to use it if you do not like the new default. I agree it looks like any other forum now which uses the standard vBulletin skin, but this is good for someone new who is reading the forum and potentially wanting to join. Perhaps the plain skin is one they are familiar and comfortable with, given there are so many vBulletin forums out there. When you consider the primary purpose of Orbiter-Forum, that is the support and development of ORBITER and addons, then you will understand that most people visiting are coming specifically for that and do not care how the skin looks - as long as it is functional and easy to read. Those of us who're regulars here know about the other skins and all have our favorite one we use anyway. :tiphat:

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Those of us who're regulars here know about the other skins and all have our favorite one we use anyway. :tiphat:

So my, completely selfish, year long petition to have Dark Nights (and previously 2048) as default skin is turned down again? *Awwwwwww*

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
There is only room for one default in my heart....

But seriously, it's a good move. The old default interface can be quite daunting to newcomers.