Question DeltagliderIV Safe autoland on Earth

haze39

Reaction score
Hi

Anybody who can give me a tip on how to autoland/land safely on a spesific place/base/pad on EARTH with the DeltagliderIV after a trip into space?

Thank you

Best regards
haze39

Majid

Reaction score
Hi

Anybody who can give me a tip on how to autoland/land safely on a spesific place/base/pad on EARTH with the DeltagliderIV after a trip into space?

Thank you

Best regards
haze39

[ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2139"]Aerobrake MFD[/ame] is your friend. AFAIK, there's no way to fully automate reentries and landings in the DGIV. Here's how I do it:

1. I use basesync MFD and Map MFD to make sure my orbital track goes over my target base.
2. I perform the deorbit burn on the other side of the planet. So for Cape Canaveral, I deorbit close to the Indian Ocean. When doing the burn, I look at the flight computer's second screen (D2) and ensure my slope doesn't go above 1.2.
3. I dump extra fuel that I don't need.
4. Then time warp until about 100 km altitude.
5. Then I activate PRO104SPEC40.
6. I use Aerobrake MFD to do energy management. Lowering my AOA to glide more, increasing the AOA to sink faster.
7. I make sure my vertical velocity doesn't go below -80 m/s after entry interface.

This works pretty well for me. One thing I do is I make sure that I have slightly less energy than necessary to get to the target base as per Aerobrake, because I find that it gets you down to the target with too much energy.