OHM DG4 HuAF skin

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Description: Decided to make a basic skin after discovering Spike's hi-res texture pack. The HuAF emblems got on about half way through to give it a bit of flavor. Thanks goes out to Spike Spiegel, who provided the template which this skin is based upon, to dansteph, who made one of the greatest ship for Orbiter, and to Martin Schweiger, for stealing our free time with his wonderful Orbiter Space Flight Simulator. Install: Just unpack it into the Orbiter directory. Uninstall: Delete the /Orbiter/Textures2/DGIV/SKIN/HuAF folder. List of changes over the base skin: - Most green textures are now grey (not all, the remaining ones would alter every other skins as well). - The wires under the radiator are colored. - Side hatches now show the "Caution Explosive Bolts" text along with red bordered bolts (you know where that's from). - Hungarian Air Force emblems and Hungarian flag on the wings. - Delta Glider IV text on the sides. - Bottom of the ship now have black heat shielding, as well as the area around the main engines (with neat texturing to make it look a bit less smooth). Due to texturing limitations on the wings, I was unable to make the entire bottom section black. - Several new lines along the body of the ship to make it look something made out of panels. To do: Replace the radiator texture. Several small adjustments that I happen to find.

More...

Hmuda

Reaction score
Hope you guys like it, my first ever skin for Orbiter and the second for any program (the first being a Power Armor rework for Fallout3).

If anyone happen to have a neat radiator texture I could use, it would be great. I've been testing several from different addons, but I'm not going to use those since I want something that haven't been used on any other mods.

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by dambuster
Pros: Simply excellent!
Review:

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
holy Probe, this skin is beautiful!

Hmuda

Reaction score
Thanks mate, but Spike provided the base of the skin, I just added a few stuff here and there, like the emblems, the lines, etc.

I'm thinking about redoing the whole thing and ditching most of the out-of-place lines (like the ones on the escape hatches) and adding more along the angles on the body of the craft, maybe chosing a more suitable "sponsor" (HuAF space flight pretty much never gonna happen :) ). I made the mistake of copy-pasting the lines in the begining and the constant resizing and cropping mae a few of them too thin or too thick than they should be. After that I realized that I have the simple line tool to use for that... :p

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Just out of curiosity, which one would you guys prefere? The plain one, or the one with a bit more "depth" (divided in the middle)?
picture.php

By the way, I see that the skin was downloaded 100 times. Not a big number but way much more than I ever expected. Thanks. :)

wingcommander

Reaction score
I 've found this addon now (2012-08-30). Sorry guys, but I have to say my thanks in our language /hungarian/:

Éljen az első magyar űrrepülő!!! :hailprobe:

:tiphat::banana: