Poll DGIV or XR2

Do you like to use the XR2 or the DGIV more?

• Total voters

Keatah

Reaction score
XR2 for me!!

XR2 for me, since I learned how to do a scram ascent to circular orbit, learned the align planes mfd, orbit mfd, sync orbit mfd, and a host of other things - like manual re-entry and misc. orbit operations and terminology and atmospheric flight. Yea baby!!

synonys

Reaction score
DGIV, if the XR2 had the DGIV's computers it wold be perfect. During reentry, the dgiv computers can set the aoa and slip stream, allow you to navigate to you landing spot.

Cornflake

Reaction score
I'm also split... both are great vehicles. I like Dan Steph's DGIV because of the realistic power and life support systems (flipping 10 switches just to takeoff, anyone?), ability to monitor all crew's heartrate, plus upon destruction of your craft it fully breaks up :cheers:
However I like the XR2 because of it's beautiful mesh (thanks to coolhand), ability to change 2D panel widths, and the beautiful static cockpit that will be eventually coded to be fully active like the Shuttle's.

Both ships have many identical (and quite excellent) features like skinnable meshes, detailed 2D panels, realistic docking systems, destroyable crew and vehicle, payload bays, warning and damage system, etc. Either way both are the cream of the crop as far as Orbiter vehicles... I just lean a little more towards the DGIV's coding but the XR2's visual appeal.

I would say the ultimate Orbiter spacecraft would be a DGIV with the XR2's mesh :p

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
I had been holding out for v2 of the XR-2, but I tried it today. Absolutely stunning, beautiful craft. I about fell over seeing it take off down the runway. Wildly exceeded my expectations.

Keatah

Reaction score
..The XR2 has the best visual model I've ever seen in Orbiter and is much easier to use than the DGIV but its on board computer is lacking.

so just upgrade and install a ton of mfds!! I pull my xr-2 into the shop every weekend to see what I can add to it!