General Question DGIV Sonic boom

Gr_Chris_pilot

DGIV Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi there!

I was taking off from wideawake international with my DGIV for an Iss resupply with P903Sxx autopilot from external view and suddenly i heard a Sonic boom !:blink: i switch to cockpit view and saw the mach number 1.03 :facepalm: Never heard of this sound for the DGIV... Is it a bug? I run the same senario again and again and nothing happens...

Is there anything i can do to add the sonic boom from the xr-2 to the DGIV for example? (I liked the idea:lol:)

EDIT:I used for this takeoff surface MFD on the left and Launch MFD on the right

Last edited:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Yep. Copy the sonic boom sound file to the folder for the DGIV's sonic boom, then rename it to replace it.

Gr_Chris_pilot

DGIV Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yep. Copy the sonic boom sound file to the folder for the DGIV's sonic boom, then rename it to replace it.

Yes this is what i was planning to do but i cant find anything like sonic boom inside sound/deltagliderIV folder.... And i dont know how this sound played at all....DGIV never had an ''Breaking the sound barrier'' sound this is why i am so confused :blink:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
The DGIV series does indeed have a sonic boom sound. To trigger it you need to be at Mach 1 or above in atmosphere and in external view with the ship flying past the camera.

Nothing odd about the XR series not having it - they are not programmed to have it.

Gr_Chris_pilot

DGIV Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The DGIV series does indeed have a sonic boom sound. To trigger it you need to be at Mach 1 or above in atmosphere and in external view with the ship flying past the camera.

Nothing odd about the XR series not having it - they are not programmed to have it.

yep i found it! Works only for ground camera if you press ''current'' just after mach 1...
But is there anything i can do to add this sound for cockpit camera or the [target-relative]-[absolute-direction] ? Can someone help me with this?

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
It's coded into the DLL so unless you have the source code and can modify it the answer is no.