dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Yes! Quite a sloppy trip but I made it.

I started with the dual launch scenario placing both J246's into 240kx240k orbit. Ascent was good and they ended up only about 45km apart. Quick phasing orbit to present a better approach then used RendezvousMFD to bring parts together. (Here it seemed easier to dock EDS to bottom of LSAM rather than use LSAM or Orion to push their stack around.) EDS started TLI at about 55% prop.

Transfer to moon could have been better. I ended up with 6% fuel left so the trip went long and my approach was high, perilune at about 19M. And it was a polar orbit! I used what was left in the EDS to start slowing down, jettisoning it when empty and using the LSAM to drop to 1Mx150k. That took about 40% of LSAM fuel.

Now what ... hmm ...

Transferred crew into LSAM. Used Orion to plane change over Brighton - not enough fuel, so jettisoned it and used another healthy chunk of Altair prop to finish the maneuver and retro down leaving 49% left. Gave to landing to the efficiency of LazyD - God bless him! - and hit the pad with 0.2% fuel left. Another happy landing!

Attachments

• grab_015.jpg
    grab_015.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 27