OHM Earthship ARK

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: luke reichelt

Earthship ARK is the name of a generation ship from the 1970s Canadian sci-fi series The Starlost. It contains the last remnants of humanity after an unspecified disaster renders the solar system uninhabitable in the late 23rd century.The series, created by noted sci-fi writer Harlan Ellison (RIP), boasted an excellent concept, but its production was (put mildly) a jumbled mess, resulting in a rather substandard end product and Ellison disowning the series.

The mesh was originally by Starrigger, converted and refined for use in Orbiter by gattispilot.

DOWNLOAD

llarian

Reaction score
Hey Luke:

Good work between you and gattis*. How would you like all the episodes of The Starlost?

llarian

Reaction score
Thanks.

Not sure what you mean about all the episodes

Sorry, my friend. That question was meant for Luke. "The Starlost" was a 1970's Canadian SciFi show (with Harlan Ellison as consultant) starring Keir Dullea. It was probably the worst SciFi show put on TV. But, growing up, it was one of my favourites and I have all episodes. I'm not sure that anyone else still does. Hence, my question for Luke.

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
Sorry, my friend. That question was meant for Luke. "The Starlost" was a 1970's Canadian SciFi show (with Harlan Ellison as consultant) starring Keir Dullea. It was probably the worst SciFi show put on TV. But, growing up, it was one of my favourites and I have all episodes. I'm not sure that anyone else still does. Hence, my question for Luke.

No, I have not seen it, except in bits and pieces. That said, I wouldn't necessarily call it a bad series (as I have seen much worse) so much as one that failed to live up to its potential. I honestly believe that it deserves a second chance at life, hopefully next time with more quality control. In fact, I have proposed doing just that. Linked below is a "pitch" of sorts for a remake of the series that I have posted under my DeviantArt account:

https://www.deviantart.com/scifimaster92/art/The-Starlost-Remake-Synopsis-and-Characters-616715750

Zandy12

Add-on Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nice addon guys. Haven't seen The Starlost but the Earthship ARK looks pretty neat. The remake's space scenes should be shot in Orbiter ;)

Trekkie

Starfleet Head of Ship Design
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nice Add-on Luke and Gattis!

BTW Luke,

im returning to Orbiter.. i kinda lost my mojo back then..

so what ship do you need for your series?

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
Nice Add-on Luke and Gattis!

BTW Luke,

im returning to Orbiter.. i kinda lost my mojo back then..

so what ship do you need for your series?

The Ferengi shuttle, the Breen warship, some Son'a vessels, and the Iconian probe. And also possibly the Olympic-class. And while you're at it, you might want to do something about the problems I mentioned regarding the Kumari-class Andorian cruiser.

Last edited:

Trekkie

Starfleet Head of Ship Design
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The Ferengi shuttle. the Breen warship, some Son'a vessels, and the Iconian probe. And also possibly the Olympic-class. And while you're at it, you might want to do something about the problems I mentioned regarding the Kumari-class Andorian cruiser.

i have made an reupload from the Kumari, let me know if it works!