General Question Editing Heads-up display

Raven

Reaction score
Hi all. I was trying to modify the stock HUD textures and ran into a problem. The hud.dds files in Orbiter\Textures\Cockpit appear to define the shape of things like the docking path, velocity vector, pitch ladder, etc. by white vs. black in the alpha channel with a color overlay in the RGB channels. However, when I change the docking path indicator, my new design doesn't show in-sim and the original box is dimmed. Are the shapes defined by code and the textures only used for enhancement? 20 litre's edited HUDs show up fine but they stayed within the 'bounds' of original transparency areas. I'm at work right now and don't have screenshots with me, but can upload them later if needed.

Also, and completely unrelated, I was looking at Mars from orbit and noticed that Orcus Patera spaceport is not located anywhere near the surface marker/texture for that location. Has anyone else had that problem? I don't recall changing coordinates in any of the relevant files.

Thanks for any input you may have.

PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
Also, and completely unrelated, I was looking at Mars from orbit and noticed that Orcus Patera spaceport is not located anywhere near the surface marker/texture for that location. Has anyone else had that problem? I don't recall changing coordinates in any of the relevant files.

Most of the stock bases in Orbiter just have the marker and a landing pad with no visual element. To make them show up, I recommend the [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6007"]surface base upgrade[/ame] mod.