Editing orbiter launcher window

ramonrt

Reaction score
Hey there, I would like to add a feature and I have to modify the launcher window, which I assume it's contained in the file named orbiter.rc. Therefore I am trying to open it in the visual studio dialog editor but I can't because there is a missing resource header, which is included from orbiter.rc, named resource_video.h.

I checked that and in fact there isn't any file with that name. Removing the line that includes that header doesn't help either since it need some IDC_VID_XXX constants that I guess should be defined in that header.

I could define them myself and probably I will but I find this odd and I would like to know if someone has encountered this problem before, thanks.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hey there, I would like to add a feature and I have to modify the launcher window, which I assume it's contained in the file named orbiter.rc. Therefore I am trying to open it in the visual studio dialog editor but I can't because there is a missing resource header, which is included from orbiter.rc, named resource_video.h.

I checked that and in fact there isn't any file with that name. Removing the line that includes that header doesn't help either since it need some IDC_VID_XXX constants that I guess should be defined in that header.

I could define them myself and probably I will but I find this odd and I would like to know if someone has encountered this problem before, thanks.

ramonrt

Reaction score
Thanks, for some reason most files of orbitersdk of my local repository are missing, even though fetching doesn't detect any differences, I will try to figure that out.

Edit: Nevermind I just seen there are two orbitersdk folders, one inside Src and the other outside, where the files are.

Last edited: