Election Results

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Well I am glad that the elections are over. I'm tired of all the negative ads...

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Am I the only one around who cried shamelessly during his speech? So did my wife actually. Hope he doesn't let us down...

On a side note, he racked in much more than I expected. But to the GOP supporters here: senate will NOT be in the complete control of the democrats so you can also have a good night of sleep...

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, I hear there's still some islands that haven't been "discovered" yet. Guess I can start my own country and make sure jerks like these two never get to enter in the first place. Or at least shoot down their alien spacecraft BEFORE they can get to Earth.

Sore Looser !

movieman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Am I the only one around who cried shamelessly during his speech? So did my wife actually. Hope he doesn't let us down...

Expecting a politician not to let you down is brave, to say the least.

Personally about the only thing I can think of worse than Obama as president is McCain as president. Or maybe Bush declaring martial law and remaining as president :).

But I'd say America is screwed either way; I don't see any evidence that either of them is remotely capable of dealing with the problems the country is facing right now, and some of their policies would make the situation dramatically worse.

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Space News [subscription req.] is reporting that Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama of Illinois would delay NASA's Constellation program by five years in order to help pay for the $18 billion education initiative he unveiled in a Nov. 20 speech at a high school in New Hampshire.

Sorta goes against what the whole forum is about, but I do (personally) think that America's education system needs the money more than NASA does. I think the main priority is getting America smarter. No-offence to the Americans reading this. *ducks punches*

And one must remember when reading that blog: That's what Clinton said before Obamba got the Democrat go-ahead. So I wouldn't call that an un-biased source.

On top of that, imagine the extra money Obama's going to have, just burning a hole in his treasury pocket, after he quit's Iraq.

movieman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorta goes against what the whole forum is about, but I do (personally) think that America's education system needs the money more than NASA does.

The 'education system' is one of the few areas of government that can waste money better than NASA. The funny part is that schools get worse and worse and then people demand they're given more money; what possible incentive do they have to improve when they're rewarded for failing?

This would just replace welfare for aerospace engineers with welfare for teachers.

On top of that, imagine the extra money Obama's going to have, just burning a hole in his treasury pocket, after he quit's Iraq.

Iraq is funded by borrowing money from the Chinese; pulling troops out, in the unlikely event that he actually does so, would merely mean that the US government has to borrow less, not that they have more to spend.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The 'education system' is one of the few areas of government that can waste money better than NASA. The funny part is that schools get worse and worse and then people demand they're given more money; what possible incentive do they have to improve when they're rewarded for failing?

This would just replace welfare for aerospace engineers with welfare for teachers.

Yeah - the USA are a country with one of the highest education spendings - without effect. Some money for new schools might be a good investment, but it would be better working on the efficiency of the money (which again needs investments, but which could make a gain).

NASA is one of the most effective parts of the education system, and if Obama does not know it - tell him. Who did say that Obama is only going to change you? ;) Let's change Obama. :cheers:

Congratulations to Obama, for a masterfully planned campaign and a great mobilization of the citizens for his cause. Who would have expected that he not only defeats the Clintons, but also the whole republican party. Now, the really hard part begins.

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Congratulations to the US.

Now let's see how this new president will do.

jtiberius

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
As a euro i say any of the candidates is better than G.W.B.
G.B.W leads a great nation from one disaster into another.
Let´s see how long it takes to clean it up.
Congrats to the new chief.

jtiberius

Last edited:

Epsilon

Interplanetary Road Pizza
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
G.W.B., jtiberius. ;)

And indeed, cjp. Here's hoping that we, as a country, made the right decision.

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
This is pretty exciting, my first year to vote (I'm 19) and it's an election that has made history. I'm shocked it's not even 10 after nine o'clock here and we have the next persident of the United States!

Contrary to popular belief, all elections make history. At the end of the day, what is done about the current and future issues are the real news. Everything else is just noise. I wish Obama luck. He's sure set the bar high for himself. ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And indeed, cjp. Here's hoping that we, as a country, made the right decision.

If McCain wouldn't have had this dead elephant called Palin on his back, even he would have been the right decision IMHO. He is really a great guy, with many bad advisors.

joeybigO

can't get in a word edgewise
Donator
Reaction score
That's like saying Janet Napolitano would have been a better choice for Obama.

Can't use monday morning Quarterback to see what the future "would" have brought. He made the choice, and like his political advisor said, "she was a spark to this campaign".
And I agree that she was in some regards as inexperienced, un-educated and not well versed for this election. I don't think she was prepared to go into this campaign.

That's a lot said, however... Obama must now quit his BS and get busy. His jibber jabber was just about how McCain would have been a bad president. To the president elect: get off your John Brown hind parts and get to getting this country better.

My nephew has a great shirt that says it all. It reads, "I see your lips moving, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah...".

Goodbye to the Constellation program, I can see that most here are just Orbiter fans, not space fans. You would have fought about that. More importantly a 10 year gap to even get man back into space. After that I don't know where we are going to be, more than likely a cut to the ISS, lessor re-supplies and generally a giant blow to the NASA budget. I'm surprised that FLA let that one go by.

What's even worse was Harris county went blue. NASA's headquarters even sold out. Surprising to see, even after the promised cuts to NASA. I guess that there is more interest in education than Space.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Maybe they just expect leadership. ;)

Think about it, Obama might not know better than you, what the country needs to do, but at least, he gives people the impression, that he has a plan. Bush instead, not only looked like he needed Cheney to tell him what to say in the next minute, he also acted that way.