Election Results

jtiberius

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
@joeybigO
I don´t think the human spaceflightgap will be that big. The US will not stand beside, when china or India go to the moon.

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
Maybe they just expect leadership. ;)

Think about it, Obama might not know better than you, what the country needs to do, but at least, he gives people the impression, that he has a plan. Bush instead, not only looked like he needed Cheney to tell him what to say in the next minute, he also acted that way.

*chuckle* Everyone has "a plan". Some people are just more eliquent speakers. IMHO, what got Obama elected is that he has a persona that can handle public speaking. All elected officials are figureheads anyways. What counts is who they put in advistory roles, not who they are.

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States. I must and will suspend the doubts I have about his character, because I respect the office to which he has been lawfully elected. I urge all those who did not support him in the campaign process to also suspend your doubts, and join together to support President Obama. He will be tested, both by crisis from abroad and by pressures from the radical elements of his own party. Leadership of the experiment in secular, republican government upon which the American people embarked 232 years ago has now been entrusted to his hands. To wish President Obama other than success is a disservice to that great enterprise. May he be inspired by the ideals of the Founders, and the strength of the American character to lead us well.

joeybigO

can't get in a word edgewise
Donator
Reaction score
Agree with Jtiberius, wholeheartedly.
I agree with Greg too, I too will suspend my doubts.

However, the American people spoke, and one thing that NO ONE mentioned.

WE HAVE HISTORY!!!!!!!
I really like that we have the first minority president in History!!!!!!!!!
The color of the skin never mattered in this case, and MLK's dream came true, a man was not judged by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character.

I applaud the US and the world for that!!!!!!!!!!

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Actually, I'm not surprised at all that a coloured man could become President of the US, it was bound to happen.
I'll be very surprised when we have a coloured man in the Swiss Federal Assembly, or President of France.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
In just a 1000 years, all our descendants will be coloured.

The question is just: Which color? ;)

I think it would be far more unlikely to ever see a chairwoman of the people's republic of China.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Don't mention "shag".

I already have the image of Nigel Powers son in front of me. And getting from Obama to Austin is really a long distance, even in the USA.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States. I must and will suspend the doubts I have about his character, because I respect the office to which he has been lawfully elected. I urge all those who did not support him in the campaign process to also suspend your doubts, and join together to support President Obama. He will be tested, both by crisis from abroad and by pressures from the radical elements of his own party. Leadership of the experiment in secular, republican government upon which the American people embarked 232 years ago has now been entrusted to his hands. To wish President Obama other than success is a disservice to that great enterprise. May he be inspired by the ideals of the Founders, and the strength of the American character to lead us well.

Obama has lots of charm out of US, which is key to regain US credibility and respect that republicans do not have in the international level.
He also has experienced people in his team who could advise him. So I see no real reason for doubts.

Instead of party wars, Americans need to take the US ship that is skinking and pump the water of crisis. It will not come without sacrifice, for republicans have been procrastinating the crisis by lowering rates to cause false inflation to hide recessive effects. Also US will need international assistance in health sector, and UK seems the way to go for a model of advanced health system.

Government deficit can only be cut with military cut, or you would have to cut education, health or infrastructure. Those cuts might displease some powerful groups. Such cuts are needed to generate surplus to pay debt.

Dollar will have to slowly fall until chinese workers are as expensive as americans and chinese products are as expensive as americans, to stop trade deficit.

US also need an incubator of companies and root development projects for the US poor.

I truly believe that US will have a bright future. But present will be a bit painful in the next two years at least in US, as the extent of the damage is quite serious.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Sorta goes against what the whole forum is about, but I do (personally) think that America's education system needs the money more than NASA does. I think the main priority is getting America smarter. No-offence to the Americans reading this. *ducks punches*

:chair: :whistle:

Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States. I must and will suspend the doubts I have about his character, because I respect the office to which he has been lawfully elected. I urge all those who did not support him in the campaign process to also suspend your doubts, and join together to support President Obama.

:goodposting:

The idea of having a United states is that we unite to solve our problems.

Denis Waitley
"Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer."

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Obama has lots of charm out of US, which is key to regain US credibility and respect that republicans do not have in the international level.

Oh my. If charm = credibility & respect in the international community eyes, then it's not the kind of respect & credibility anyone should want. :lol:

What's next, Efron/Hudgens?

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Again, the United States has shown the great democratic process works, and can work peacefully. I wish President-elect Obama all the success in the world! With the democratic party now in control of the Congress and the Executive office, they will have no excuse not to fix the issues that the American people elected them to fix.

For me, John McCain said it all last night when he conceded the election to PE Obama. I stand ready to support my President and will do everything in my power to do that.

Change has happened. The day that Dr. King envisioned so long ago has come to past. The United States can truly come out of that awful period of the 60-70's that I grew up in to hopefully a new day of tolerance.

It will be refreshing to see what happens. I pray and hope for the best, but am prepared for the worse.

Master of Blades

Reaction score
Wow... I don't really know what to think... It's amazing that America has gotten a black president, who's somewhat young (well... relatively speaking) too. I'm glad that Obama won, even though his ideologies and ideas are WAY far from my own, they are not as far as McCain's.

This seems like some well-needed refreshing change.

I just hope Obama won't go the same path as JFK...