Election Results

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Isn't "Love it or leave it" a common bumper sticker found on Republican cars?

BTW, if you think one must remove one's self from his country in order to "complain" about election results, you have a twisted Republican-type view of things.

Besides, you have the much less drastic option of removing your eyes from my posts if they irritate you so much.

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
There are other ways of being active besides voting. Voting, actually, is probably the least effective form of activism. At the local level, especially, a handfull of activists and a little bit of time make a big difference. It's tougher at the federal level, of course, because it's hard to scale up, but there are ways.

...and the most effective form of activision is to round up 200 people and pay them $50 each to wave signs and chant scripted ideology that they don't even believe in. Make extra sure the cable news channel crews are paid off too in order to get the best shots of the activism for prime 10 second sound bites. ;)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Isn't "Love it or leave it" a common bumper sticker found on Republican cars?
I don't know.

BTW, if you think one must remove one's self from his country in order to "complain" about election results, you have a twisted Republican-type view of things.
No, you're free to complain, but from your statements it would seem that you were intending to complain regardless of the outcome of the election. That would suggest that since neither of the two parties suits you well, and since third parties aren't known for their success in this country, perhaps you would be better off elsewhere.

There is absolutely no point to complaining now. Alea iacta est, the die is cast. You can change nothing by complaining now. Better to open your mind to the good options that are available rather than constantly complaining about the bad. If you only look for the negative, you'll only find the negative...if you're always looking back and complaining about the speed bump you just ran over, you'll never be able to avoid the problems in front of you.

Besides, you have he much less drastic option of removing your eyes from my posts if they irritate you so much.
You also have the much less drastic option of not complaining, because it won't do you any good here anyway. No one on the orbiter-forum is able to change the outcome of an election after the fact.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
No one on the orbiter-forum is able to change the outcome of an election after the fact.

Or before the fact for that matter...

if you're always looking back and complaining about the speed bump you just ran over, you'll never be able to avoid the problems in front of you.

:goodposting:

What has been done is now done, nothing can be changed about who is elected president. Now that Obama has been elected president are you going to sit in the corner and whine for the next 4 years, or are you going to move on and try to, as a united country do your best to make your life and those around you as best as possible.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Well, there is one little thing called voting...

yes and no,

What I meant was if I told (and everyone obeyed;)) to vote for McCain, it wouldn't have made a lick of difference to the outcome. So putting signs up in your home town would be more impacting then here on OF.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What has been done is now done, nothing can be changed about who is elected president. Now that Obama has been elected president are you going to sit in the corner and wine for the next 4 years, or are you going to move on and try to, as a united country do your best to make your life and those around you as best as possible.

If you say so. I'm not much of a conformist, though.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
What I meant was if I told (and everyone obeyed;)) to vote for McCain, it wouldn't have made a lick of difference to the outcome. So putting signs up in your home town would be more impacting then here on OF.
Granted.

What has been done is now done, nothing can be changed about who is elected president. Now that Obama has been elected president are you going to sit in the corner and whine for the next 4 years, or are you going to move on and try to, as a united country do your best to make your life and those around you as best as possible.
If you say so. I'm not much of a conformist, though.
I happen to think that a little activism is a healthy thing and I think it is unfair to categorise it as sitting in the corner and whining. If all someone is prepared to do is write a few angry posts on Orbiter-Forum, then that criticism is justified but I'm prepared to give an O-F "whiner" (your words, not mine) the benefit of the doubt and assume that they will care enough to take some real-life action (eg, putting up a sign in their front yard).

As for "unity", that is a great goal provided that it is applied at an abstract enough level, ie, unity is good (because it is powerful) but sheepism is not (because it discourages diversity). Supporting your President is good thing to do but it does not mean you should not lobby him to present your ideas.