News Ennio Morricone: Oscar-winning Italian film composer dies aged 91.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Ennio Morricone, the Italian composer whose credits include the "spaghetti" Westerns that made Clint Eastwood a star, has died in Rome aged 91.

According to Italian news agency Ansa, he died in hospital having fractured his femur in a fall some days ago.

The prolific composer also wrote music for Once Upon a Time in America, The Untouchables and Cinema Paradiso.

Having received an honorary Oscar in 2007, he went on to win one in 2016 for Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight.

Morricone, who was simply known as "Maestro" in his home town of Rome, scored more than 500 films over seven decades.

Sad to see him go. His music was good, not bad or ugly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53305397

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Sad to see him go. His music was good, not bad or ugly.

I don't know, the whole "Ah ee ah ee ah, wah wah wah" bit got pretty bad and ugly when it got to the bit with somebody screaming it, but he still gets credit for doing it well, because I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be bad and ugly.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Several years ago my church choir had the honour to join his orchestra (along with other choirs from Rome), and it was absolutely astonishing to be a (little) part of that music which I grew up listening.
RIP Maestro.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sad to see him pass. I only remember one of his pieces and that was the soundtrack for "Mission to Mars"