Error with DGIV and D3D9 client

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I recently downloaded DanSteph's DG-IV, which ran OK in orbiter.exe, then reading about D3D9 how it's much better, I got it at D3D9Client for Orbiter (kymp.net)
Then I tried to run orbiter_ng.exe, didn't work. Reading the text at that sight, it told me to get the DirectX June 2010 redistributable backage at Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center. It now runs great. The only glitch is that when I takeoff at KSC Runway 33, DGIV skids off to the left, but I eventually get into the air, but, this morning I destroyed my landing gear; and when, on another scenerio, I land on a hover pad, it lands, but, it slowly drifts backward about 5 m/s, brakes won't stop it, but, that's another issue (I think I saw something about that here or at DanSteph forum, I keep looking). Other than that, orbiter-ng is working fine.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I take it you're using Orbiter 2016? Dan's DGIV is only compatible with Orbiter 2010, but, good news he is updating his addons to 2016 and Beta, and we should, hopefully see a release in the not-so-distant future.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Oh, thanks. I had thought that it had been updated to '16. OK, I'll be careful until the update is available. It's still a very awesome creaft
Thank you for the heads up.