Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I think the usage and some examples of eventTimer bbcode could be also put to BB Code List in the FAQ.

I think you're probably one of the few who has actually found that page. :p

Nonetheless, I'll see about getting it added, cheers.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I think the usage and some examples of eventTimer bbcode could be also put to BB Code List in the FAQ.
I didn't know that page existed either! I am curious, how did you find it? I couldn't find a logical sequence of clickable links to get there. Tex, maybe we could add a link to it from the main Bulletin Board FAQ?

EDIT: BTW, I looked at the wiki, and the question mark doesn't need to be escaped in custom sign string, whereas forward slash does.
Thanks, wiki and README corrected.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
FAQ > Posting New Messages. There's a link to it in there.

BB code is a special set of codes similar to HTML that can be used in posts to the board. To see the full list of BB code tags that can be used on this site and examples of their use, click here.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I didn't know that page existed either! I am curious, how did you find it? I couldn't find a logical sequence of clickable links to get there.
Well, recently I got admin rights on friend's vBulletin, so I started to look around in admnicp, and found some places hard to find without knowing where to click.

Like already Xyon said it's in: FAQ -> Bulletin Board FAQ -> Reading and Posting Messages. The first link in there.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering, is the random "click here to restart" problem solvable?

The timer in my sig sometimes shows a timer, sometimes shows the message (and clicking "here" does nothing).
The problem isn't random.

Every timer on page needs to have an unique ID to make it work properly. A timer set in the signature has the same ID in every post using that signature.

Only 1st displayed post on page with that signature will have usable timer, because getElementById JavaScript function returns only the first element with the given ID, even if there are other with the same ID later on the displayed page.

The timer ID is set in signature and it's constant until the signature is changed, i.e. it isn't assigned to the timer when a post is created, but when signature using that timer was first saved.