External MFD Tweaks?

buznee

Reaction score
I'm currently exploring the feasability of building a simpit for orbiter. I plan using some 16:9 touch screen displays as extended displays to load a set of MFDs using external MFD module. I am running to an issue that I think can be solved but not on my end. When I touch the various MFD keys and then I try to control the ship in some way with keyboard keys such as forward thrust or kill rotate, I get no response until I click back in the main screen. It appears that you can only control the ship when the primary screen is active. This can be a problem if you are trying to build a multi monitor sim and would like to use external MFD to control the MFD displays and fly the ship. Any way to deal with this?

Thanks in advance!
-Dan

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I wonder if Remote vessel control would work.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks so much Kamaz, thank goodness there are some workarounds although I am curious if there may be some improvements for the new orbiter beta so we don't have to hack using things like autohotkey and such.
That's not a workaround that's a fixed DLL :)

I should put this on Orbithangar...

Mag888

Reaction score
That's not a workaround that's a fixed DLL :)

I should put this on Orbithangar...
Hello Kamaz,

I'm currently working on a project with a crew dragon dash board on Orbiter 2016, basically I was planning to use ExtMFDs on a touchscreens with some buttons (keypad) to control the ship (as a backup).

The problem is that I get this problem with active windows as well... Since 2016, is there something new we could do? a fixed DLL or a new MFDWindow.cpp for 2016 version?
I would like to ask you as well as I don't know much about programming, would it be possible to change ExtMFD contour color from grey to black, buttons black or transparent surrounded by blue line and fonts blue as well (except PWR button Red)?
View attachment 26509View attachment 26510

Thank you and best regards,

Steve

Attachments

• MFDBlue.png
    MFDBlue.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 10
  • MFDGrey.PNG
    MFDGrey.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 9