Face's Addons

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to all other published addons besides OMP. Currently, those are:

MFD Mode Selection Shortcuts for ORBITER 2006
This is an Orbiter 2006 plugin that brings back the missing MFD mode selection shortcuts.

Instant launch technology demonstrator (O2K6)
This module demonstrates how to build an Orbiter plugin that uses the oapiCmdLine() API call and starts a scenario from within Orbiter.

Simple attachment release MFD
This simple MFD plugin detaches the focussed vessel from all attachment parents.

Jump Drive MFD
This Orbiter module provides hyper-jump capabilities for every vessel in your scenario. To make travelling with a jump-drive more challenging, the jumping distance is fixed (although adjustable via INI file).

PID MFD
This Orbiter module provides a pitch holding autopilot via commanding the elevators for every vessel in your scenario. Its not a kind of fancy autopilot MFD, just a testbed for development.

Orbiter Hooking classes
This source files demonstrates the virtual-table hooking-method on VESSEL2 classes in order to e.g. log events or add features to all vessels outside of vessel-code.

Last edited:

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Nice to find you've got threads here!

I've downloaded your simple attachment release MFD to experiment with. I'm curious about the availability of source code - is it possible to see how you've done this?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Nice to find you've got threads here!

Thanks. It is really a great help and a noble offer from Tex to setup developer-specific forums here...

I've downloaded your simple attachment release MFD to experiment with. I'm curious about the availability of source code - is it possible to see how you've done this?

To be honest: I don't know where I left the code :( . But it was a really simple thing, anyway. In the button-handler, I traversed through all vessels in the scenario, checked the attached childs, and detached all childs from parents where the child's vessel-handle equals the commanding vessel's handle. No big deal.

I can try to find the code in my digital bin, if you really need to know it, though.

regards,
Face

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Yes, I feel the same way about Tex's generous offer!

If you can't find the code, that's alright. I haven't done anything with C since 1990-91, and I find like my French and Indonesian, it's become fossilized. I was hoping to look at some well constructed code (you're quite famous for this you know) to help with my own project next door.

Since we're neighbors, let me welcome you to the neighborhood.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you can't find the code, that's alright. I haven't done anything with C since 1990-91, and I find like my French and Indonesian, it's become fossilized. I was hoping to look at some well constructed code (you're quite famous for this you know) to help with my own project next door.

I'll see if I can do some forensic data mining in my old Win98-PC. But don't expect too "well constructed code" at all :rofl:. I don't understand where that fame should come from, given my sloppy C++ coding style.
C# on the other hand... well that's my profession after all.

Since we're neighbors, let me welcome you to the neighborhood.

Thank you!

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hy n0mad,

the ReleaseMeMFD-link above should now contain the source code, too. Have fun!

regards,
Face