Vessel Fireball XL5

gagarin

Reaction score
Many Thanks
What a great model - I have repainted it - for personal use only - to XL5 - the only problem is its mirrored on the right side but otherwise it is fantastic.

Ragtag

Reaction score
Many Thanks
What a great model - I have repainted it - for personal use only - to XL5 - the only problem is its mirrored on the right side but otherwise it is fantastic.

Sorry about that. I make some models so they can be repainted but that wasn't one of them. I have it on my list for update and when I do I'll make sure the the model is changed to allow the repaint or I'll just do it as the Fireball XL5.

gagarin

Reaction score
Thankyou for your excellent work - it truly is a fantastic ship and lets me revisit my childhood/
If you can do a complete fireball XL-5 then I for one would be very happy
Thankyou again for such good work
Colin

gagarin

Reaction score
Sorry to be a nuisance but any more info on your Fireball XL5 repaint?
Colin

Ragtag

Reaction score
Sorry to be a nuisance but any more info on your Fireball XL5 repaint?
Colin

Currently I'm remodeling my Puddle Jumper and Mule. I'm also working on two new ships and after that a custom request and then I'll be working on a redo of my Firefly. ***EDIT*** Well just to see what it would take I did a quick repaint of it. Yeah right. Quick depends on ones definition of quick. Anyway I played around with it and I must say it's a pretty lousy model. The model and DLL leave much to be desired and I'll have to do a complete redevelopment of the DLL. It's pretty old and it really shows I didn't quite understand what was going on. The Fireball is one of my all time favorites which is why I did it. It deserves better then what it currently has so I'm moving it towards the top of my list and ahead of the Mule and Firefly. As soon as I'm done with the Puddle Jumper I'll start work on the Fireball.

Last edited:

gagarin

Reaction score
I realise how busy you are and really appreciate your work
Thanks

gwilc

Reaction score
NASA considers XL5 launch system

If you go to the web site ... space.com, look under the tech tab, scroll down to the story on "New launch systems under study" you will see that NASA IS LOOKING into using the new scram jet tech for launch's.

Wonder what the folks at Gerry Anderson / Fireball XL5 think of that?