MFD FlightVector MDF? is there one already?

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hi...

just a thought... the other day while docking my G42 to the ISS, i noticed i lacked proper intrumentation to guide me as i pointed my ship for rendezvous burns....

i noticed that i relied solely on the HUD to check where i was going in relation to the ISS, having very little indication of my direction vectors....

so i'm considering creating a somewhat straightforward MFD to help in those situations....
i call it the "Troposcope" ("Trope" from the Greek, meaning "Turn / Conversion", "Scope" meaning, well... Scope)

the idea is simple - and would look like this:

picture.php

it's basically what you see on the HUD, or even on the dockign MFD, but simultaneously showing other directional references, such as PG, RG, N+, N- as well as relative motion data....

in "tracking mode" the view would snap to other reference axis as to keep the target centered.... as it does this, it shows arrows to items not in view

most importantly, the scope has a 180-degrees span at all times, giving you an optimal orientational awareness

or would i be reinventing the wheel? - are there other MFD's that do this?
i know of SensorMFD, which has a similar display, but i don't think it shows PG and other directional info, does it?

is there a one MFD that condenses all this instrumentation?

Tommy

Reaction score
None that I'm aware of. The only thing I can thin of that is even close would be the Burn View when using IMFD's Null Relative Velocity program, which only shows the correct vector.

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Hmmm.... a new idea i see?

This is an excellent idea!

As far as i can remember, no, there's no similar MFD...

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i thought there wasn't.... :hmm:

then i guess i shall make us one! - we can't have ppl blindly flying G42's against the ISS at high speeds, right :lol: