Problem Fly-By-Wire Problems

Devlyn

Reaction score
Hi All

I got myself the Logitech G940, but my pedals do not work with Fly-By-Wire. So I decide to try and see if I can fix it.

So if anyone else is experiencing problems with Fly-By-Wire. Post it on this Thread. I can not promise anything, but it may give me a better idea how to carry on with the development.

For an update on the project, if you are interested: I found out the Library that FBW uses does not detected my pedals. Its an older version of SDL, not use if its fixed in the newer version. But thinking of rewriting a new AddOn using a different library.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
I think that from a concrete development point of view, it's best to abstract the library inputs and be able to switch the library through factory design pattern.

I don't understand the SDL part. Is the new SDL 2.0 working or not?

Devlyn

Reaction score
I like the idea of using the factory design pattern. Never used it before, but guess its time to learn.

The SDL Library use by FBW, is version 1.2.x, this does not pickup my pedals. I have not tried version 2.0. I cannot just replace the DLL with the newer version, it does not work. So it looks like it will be a redesign if I am to use the newer version. Thinking if I am gonna do a redesign, then might as well use a library I am more familiar with, like SlimDX. But we will still see.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Yes, SDL 2.0 requires a rewrite. If you know other library better then it's better to go for it.

When using factory design pattern in C++, be sure to return an auto_ptr<BaseClass*> (unique_ptr in C++11), because it deals with automatic memory cleanup.

buznee

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue with fly-by-wire with my Saitek pro pedals. I was curious if there has been any progress regarding the development of this addon since 0.9.1. Seems based on the wiki this is a known issue.

Saitek X52 and X52 Pro
Rotary 2 (the big one on top of the throttle lever) is not recognized and cannot be used. This is probably a deficiency of the underlying SDL library that is used to access the game device.
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
At this time (August 30th 2009), I believe the problem with Saitek Rotary 2 axis also exist with this rudder pedals. Like the Rotary 2 axis, it is detected but Fly By Wire 0.9 does not show any movement on the screen when the controller is moved

Devlyn

Reaction score
Buznee from what I understand, there has been no father development. I myself, am busy finishing off my Degree now, so hopefully next year, I can tackle this project.

Thanks for your input, it can help me to understand the problem better.

buznee

Reaction score
Thanks Devlyn! Good luck with your degree!