Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com

Rocketeer

Reaction score
OK - Never mind. I thought ForeFlight was an Orbiter add-on. But Google (actually DuckDuckGo) set me straight. Thanks.

bjsikkem

Reaction score
View attachment 26825

OrbitHangar download link
https://www.orbithangar.com/showAddon.php?id=2535746b-0ac2-4c1b-896f-04b86784a477

This addon will allow Orbiter to drive the moving map and attitude indicator in ForeFlight.
Currently, only ForeFlight is supported. I may add support for other apps at a future date.
Source code is included.
Brilliant add-on! Just gave it a whirl and it worked perfectly.

Should be fun creating track logs in FF to then import to Google Earth, too.

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I should probably clarify what this addon is. ForeFlight is an iPad app for pilots that shows charts, airport info, etc. This addon will allow a PC running orbiter to drive the moving map in ForeFlight. For this to work, you have to have an iPad running ForeFlight. I should probably clarify this in the addon description on orbithangar. Sorry for confusion.

aSIM

Reaction score
Really interesting, what kind of information can Orbiter drive Lat/Long, Altitude and speed, are there any other potential uses, looks like it could be used as a PFD and moving map and, as indicated above, creating flight logs.

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
That is basically what this addon does, takes data from orbiter and drives an external moving map in the ForeFlight app. It could certainly be easily modified to drive almost any external display, provided that display can receive data over a LAN via UDP.

Hope this answers your question.